Executive Assistant, Physical Production
This was removed by the employer on 1/20/2021 4:48:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Executive Assistant, Physical Production jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Executive Assistant, Physical Production postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Executive Assistant, Physical Production? Job Summary:
We are looking for an Executive Assistant who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define Lucasfilm.
The Physical Production department oversees live action filmmaking through the various stages of production: R&D, Pre-Production, Shoot, Post, VFX, and Delivery. The physical production group interacts with the filmmakers on a daily basis to solve production challenges, maintain budget & schedule, and ensure studio policies and procedures are adhered to. The Executive Vice President (EVP) of Physical Production oversees the entire department and is the lead executive on each of the assigned films. The Executive Assistant provides administrative assistance to the EVP, Physical Production at Lucasfilm and is on the frontline of production needs.
In this position, the Executive Assistant must be very personable, organized, tech-savvy, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Provide administrative support to EVP including: Scheduling meetings and handling meeting logistics, handling travel, screening phone calls and written requests, organizing digital files, process expense reports, and undertaking various research projects.
• Management of incoming materials which include maintaining lists & contracts, databases, researching information, compiling, archiving and securing files.
• Keep the department running smoothly by answering phones for the department, maintaining accurate databases of phone calls and interview requests, ordering supplies, mailing and shipping, etc.
• Process invoices and purchase orders for the department
• Coordinate weekly meetings with each production, create and distribute agendas, and keep minutes.
• Maintain timeline-calendars for the entire production slate.
• Screen production and executive Travel Authorization requests.
• Act as liaison between all related departments including Legal, Business Affairs, Risk Management, Production Technology, Franchise, Creative Development, and Physical Production.
• Maintain Studio policies and procedure manuals and other related materials for the Studio which are distributed to the films.
• Special projects as required by the production team as needed.
• Miscellaneous departmental duties as needed.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 5 years' of experience providing administrative support or as coordinator within the entertainment industry. Ideally a background in Physical Production
• Demonstrated professionalism and ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
• Strong proficiency in Google Suite, and MS Office required
• Ability to handle many tasks efficiently with a high level of detail and accuracy within a fast-paced, multi-project, tight deadline environment
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, meet deadlines, make decisions and change course of action quickly.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of executive, and staff.
• Familiarity with production documentation (e.g. call sheets, one-line schedules, day-out-of-days, production reports, script supervisor reports)
• Excellent phone demeanor and ability to take thorough and accurate notes
• Ability to take initiative and work with minimum supervision.
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.