LucasfilmSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Lucasfilm is seeking a motivated, highly organized, and detailed oriented individual to help coordinate large-scale Star Wars events.
• Coordinate, as directed by the Sr. Event Manager, planning and production details for Star Wars Celebration and other events such as San Diego Comic-Con and D23 Expo.
• Coordinate Celebration programming tracks and stage elements as directed by the Sr. Event Manager.
• Work with Celebration convention licensee on various elements of the show such as talent schedules, signage, hotel block, and internal Lucasfilm and Disney projects.
• Proactively bring new ideas, technology, and improved processes to team to streamline internal team operations and add new elements to slate of events.
• Coordinate, organize, and track various administrative tasks such as invoice and payment processing, shipping, scheduling meetings, and sending communications related to events.
• Manage temporary booth event staff onsite at Lucasfilm events
• Create briefing materials and documents to track status, timelines, and resources of various projects and sub-projects.
• Coordinate event logistics such as show floor experiences, exhibit hall management, and vendor research from pre-show to onsite execution.
• Minimum of three years experience in event planning and coordination. Experience in entertainment industry events as well as agency or corporate environments preferred, but not required.
• Extreme attention to detail with strong communication and organizational skills.
• Understanding of an integrated brand experience with both an analytical and creative mindset.
• Understanding of convention elements, including logistics, stage management, program scheduling, audio/visual basics, and crowd control.
• Expert level experience with travel and itinerary coordination for large groups.
• Ability to prioritize multiple, changing projects in a dynamic, sometimes high-pressure environment.
• Collaborative, team-oriented work style.
• Self-starter, willing to contribute to the event effort immediately.
• Ability to work calmly and professionally with a variety of personalities, including Lucasfilm and Disney teams, licensees, vendors, celebrities, and members of the Star Wars fan community.
• Valid passport. Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally.
• Experience and portfolio of coordinating large-scale expo events a plus.
• Experience with project management software such as Monday.com preferred, but not required.?
• Knowledge of Star Wars and the Star Wars fan community strongly preferred, but not required.
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.