Director, Production Finance
Full Time Job
We are looking for a Director, Production Finance who reflects the production excellence and passion for great filmmaking that define Lucasfilm.
The Director, Production Finance is responsible for assisting the VP, Production Finance in the day to day operations of the Live Action Television/Long-form production finance department, providing financial oversight throughout the life-cycle of production, from Development through Post Production. In this role, you must be extremely knowledgeable about all aspects of complex multinational, tech and VFX heavy television/long-form content. The ideal candidate will have hands on experience with a variety of Live Action Television and Feature Film production, managing regional incentives, foreign regional production and management of accounting teams in the field. The Director, Production Finance must also be familiar with and accustomed to working in an environments with high levels of secrecy and confidentiality, plus be able to provide quick, accurate, analysis with a high level of accuracy.
• Sources and hires location production accounting teams for projects
• Manages the production funding processes on TV/Long-form projects from end to end
• Oversees the day to day work of Production Accountants on our various shows
• Reconciles all funding and Regional Incentives between production and corporate
• Reviews SAP Y-bill activity and liaises with project accountants; submits to productions for inclusion in cost
• Reviews TV project budgets and Cost Report EFC's for accuracy, providing coverage of concerns to the VP, Production Finance
• Oversees preparation of production incentive filings for all entities and regions
• Manages compliance for:
• Established production finance policy and procedure
• Lucasfilm / Disney corporate policies
• Oversees the preparation of periodic management reporting
• Assists VP, Production Finance in the preparation of the annual plan and quarterly forecasts
• Continually evaluates policy and procedure based on necessary compliance, audit review, and periodic changes in the location environment(s)
• Ensures that compliance training is completed by all location accounting staff
• Provides support to VP, Production Finance on special projects, as required
• A minimum of 10 years of production accounting experience with 5 years in a supervisory capacity
• Five plus years of experience in Television and/or Feature Film production accounting
• Demonstrated organizational skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong computer skills and proficiency in Windows, Excel, MS Word, Vista Classic, Global Vista, PSLOne required; SAP knowledge/skills helpful
• Diplomacy, discretion, versatility and reliability are critical
• Must be flexible and have the ability to work well as part of a team
• Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and with all levels of personnel
• Ability to prioritize work and be very detail oriented
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required
• A Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
• Willingness to travel to project locations for budget, cost report review
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.