Director, Production Finance
LucasfilmIver Heath, UK
This was removed by the employer on 10/9/2021 5:53:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Director, Production Finance jobs in Iver Heath-UK
Search all Director, Production Finance postings
Full Time Job
We are looking for a Director, Production Finance who reflects the production excellence and passion for great filmmaking that define Lucasfilm.
The Director, Production Finance reporting to the VP, Production Finance, is responsible for taking the lead in the day-to-day operations of the Live Action Television/Long-form production finance department, providing financial oversight throughout the life-cycle of production, from Development through Post Production. In this role, you must be knowledgeable about all aspects of complex multinational, tech and VFX driven television/long-form content. The candidate will be able to utilize production data to drive automation and strive toward finding ways to simplify processes with innovation. The ideal candidate will have hands on experience with a variety of Live Action Television and Feature Film production, managing regional incentives, multiple currencies, and the hiring and management of accounting teams in the field. The Director, Production Finance must also be familiar with and accustomed to working in an environment with high levels of secrecy and confidentiality, plus be able to provide quick, accurate, analysis with a high level of accuracy.
What you'll do
• Work with the VP, Production Finance to source, vet and hire Financial Controllers and production accounting teams
• Manage the production funding processes on TV/Long-form projects from end to end
• Reconcile all funding and incentives between productions and corporate
• Oversee preparation of production incentive filings for all entities and regions
• Review SAP Y-bill activity and liaise with project accountants; submit to productions for inclusion in cost reports
• Review budgets and Cost Report EFC's for accuracy, providing coverage of concerns to the VP, Production Finance
• Oversee the preparation of periodic management reporting
• Assist VP, Production Finance in the preparation of the annual plan and quarterly forecasts
• Ensure that compliance training is completed by all location accounting staff
• Provide support to VP, Production Finance on special projects, as required
• Manage compliance for:
• Established production finance policy and procedure
• Lucasfilm / Disney corporate policies
What we're looking for
• Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent qualification or experience.
• Experience in Television and/or Feature Film production accounting desired
• Experience in a Supervisory role
• Ability to work autonomously in a fast paced, global, results oriented environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.); SAP knowledge/skills helpful
• Diplomacy, discretion, confidentiality, versatility and reliability are critical
• Proficiency in production accounting software (Vista Classic, Global Vista, Smart Accounting, PSL)
• Must be flexible and have the ability to work well as part of a team
• Must have excellent organizational skills
• Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and with all levels of personnel.
• Ability to prioritise work and be very detail oriented
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Willingness to travel to project locations for budget, cost report review
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.