Director, Production Finance
Full Time Job
This position is based in Los Angeles, CA.
The Director, Production Finance will be responsible for assisting the VP, Production Finance in the day-to-day operations of the Disney streaming production finance department, providing financial oversight throughout the life-cycle of production, from Development through Post Production. In this role, you must be extremely knowledgeable about all aspects of complex multinational episodic/long-form content. The candidate will be able to utilize production data to drive automation and strive toward finding ways to simplify processes with innovation. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with a variety of Episodic and Feature Film production (both foreign and domestic), managing production incentives, multiple currencies, and the hiring and management of accounting teams in the field. The Director, Production Finance must also be familiar with and accustomed to working in an environment with high levels of secrecy and confidentiality, plus be able to provide quick and accurate analysis.
• Work with VP, Production Finance to source, vet and hire location production accounting teams for Disney projects
• Manages the production funding processes on Episodic/Long-form projects from end to end
• Reconciles all funding and Production Incentives between production and corporate
• Reviews SAP Y-bill activity and liaises with project accountants; submits to productions for inclusion in cost
• Prepare initial budget drafts and cost summaries for Disney projects
• Review work in progress / final budgets, and Cost Report EFC's for accuracy, providing coverage of concerns to the VP, Production Finance and Production Executives
• Oversees preparation of production incentive filings for all entities and regions
• Drive innovative solutions for internal controls and financial reporting processes
• Manages compliance for:
• Established production finance policy and procedure
• Disney corporate policies
• Guild audits
• Continually evaluates policy and procedure based on necessary compliance, audit review, and periodic changes in the location environment(s)
• Oversees the preparation of periodic management reporting
• Assists VP, Production Finance in the preparation of the annual plan and quarterly forecasts
• Ensures that compliance training is completed by all location accounting staff
• Provides support to VP, Production Finance on special projects, as required
• Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting with a minimum of 10 years of production accounting experience with 5 years in a supervisory capacity or equivalent
• Five plus years of experience in Television and/or Feature Film production accounting desired
• Experience in foreign currency hedging desired
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong computer skills and proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (word, excel, etc.) Production Accounting Software (PSL, Vista Classic, Global Vista) and Movie Magic Budgeting
• SAP knowledge/skills a plus
• Diplomacy, discretion, confidentiality, versatility, and reliability are critical
• Must be flexible and have the ability to work well as part of a team
• Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and with all levels of personnel
• Ability to prioritize work and be very detail oriented
• - Willingness to travel to project locations for budget, cost report review
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.