Director Of Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging - Expression Of Interest
LucasfilmSan Francisco, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/17/2020 3:51:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Human Resources Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Director Of Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging - Expression Of Interest jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all Director Of Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging - Expression Of Interest postings
Full Time Job
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
The Director, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging is responsible for developing and implementing a global Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging strategy across all of Lucasfilm's studios. This role will develop a holistic strategy that enables Lucasfilm to build/sustain an inclusive culture and attract, retain and develop diverse talent across all of our lines of business including Lucasfilm, global Industrial, Light & Magic (ILM), ILMxLAB and Skywalker Sound. The Director, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging will report directly to the General Manager with regular access to the President of Lucasfilm and drive change in culture, talent and norms to meet the company's Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging objectives. This role will also have a reporting line into VP, Multicultural Audience Engagement, Disney Studios.
We are looking for a leader who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, and passion for great storytelling and filmmaking that define Lucasfilm.
In this role you will be responsible for:
• Developing a framework for guiding the implementation of Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging strategy and operational mechanisms including principles, processes and program management to enable goal achievement and support leadership accountability.
• Developing and implementing inclusion strategies in partnership with HR, Talent Acquisition, Studio Talent Group, Disney Inclusion Team, to find, grow and retain diverse talent.
• Partner with global studio heads to develop and implement tightly integrated solutions that drive inclusive behaviors and business practices that align with company Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging objectives.
• Act as primary liaison to the Inclusion team within our parent company, The Walt Disney Company (TWDC). Coordinate with TWDC leads to execute company-wide Inclusion programs.
• Consult with Talent Acquisition and Studio Talent Group to diversify talent pipelines and external / industry partnerships to source high caliber talent that reflects our audiences.
• Provide coaching, education and consultation to HR and business leaders to develop goals and practices that positively impact diversity and inclusion outcomes. Collaborate with our business leadership and HR team, in particular our HR business partners, Talent Acquisition, and the Studio Talent Group to provide insights, resources, tools and actions as it relates to workforce planning, talent acquisition, and inclusion strategies to support our mission and vision.
• Oversee and support our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) by providing coordinated tools, resources, guidance and thought leadership to meet inclusion goals.
• Establish consistent metrics and reporting to evaluate ROI on inclusion initiatives and enable leaders to assess trends, progress against targeted goals.
• Shape and influence decisions related to people practices and priorities through data, qualitative and quantitative research.
• Develop and implement our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging communications plan in close partnership with our Communications leadership to ensure all employees are informed about our objectives, priorities and programs with a clear understanding of how to engage.
• Play an integral leadership role in our outreach efforts to drive representation and impact, including through corporate partners and educational institutions.
• Continuously enhance Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging practices through providing insights that increase awareness of global market/industry trends and sharing best practices to support an inclusive environment.
Here are the skills and experience you need to be successful in this role:
• 10 years of progressive leadership experience in HR, Diversity & Inclusion related discipline with demonstrated subject matter expertise
• Knowledge of best practices and innovative diversity trends in the marketplace
• Global mindset; capable of creating country-specific strategies based on local demographic(s) and cultural nuances
• Analytical mindset; understands how to interpret data and translate into innovative solutions for Lucasfilm
• Leads with the business in mind; thinks and acts strategically
• Strong project management skills; execution focus with the ability to scale and deliver inclusion programs in partnership with cross-functional teams
• Challenges accepted wisdom
• Cultivates their own curiosity AND focuses on impact
• Has a compelling track record of leading or influencing transformation of talent processes
• Experienced in leading the integration of multiple data sources (including primary and secondary research, social media) into clear, actionable insights and stories
• Moves quickly, with regular communication and visible progress against objectives
• Builds concrete solutions
• Has built and motivated high-performing, cross-functional and collaborative teams
• Effectively builds partnerships and influences stakeholders and decision-making at all levels of a complex, matrix, and global organization
• Strong storytelling and communication skills; paints a compelling vision of what's possible
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.