Digital Asset Coordinator
LucasfilmAn Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
We are looking for a Digital Asset Coordinator who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define Lucasfilm.
The Digital Asset Coordinator is involved across all aspects of the Asset Team. They are involved in current live action and animation productions, sorting incoming assets, researching asset info, and communicating updates to members of the team. They also coordinate asset fulfillment, making sure deadlines are known and met to the best of the team's ability, and they assist with all cross-team workflows like ordering supplies, scheduling meetings, and filling in for team members as needed.
• Schedule and drive department meetings, keeping an eye on project deadlines, milestones, and release dates.
• Monitor incoming ticket requests and assign to team members based on current bandwidth. Track staff absences and step in to assist as needed.
• Order supplies, submit service tickets, troubleshoot technology, and assist team members with any roadblocks that are impacting their deadlines.
• Assist in various tasks in the Digital Asset Management system, including administering user accounts and keywording image assets using a controller vocabulary from the Star Wars universe.
• Assist with Animation tagging and asset organization.
• Complete special projects and cover for other staff members as needed. Remain aware of current requests and due dates, and proactively offer ways to help meet deadlines.
• 2 years' experience in Live Action and/or Animation Production
• Experience with photography or 3D assets a plus
• Solid grasp of Star Wars universe and terminology
• Strong attention to detail, critical thinker, strong work ethic, and positive attitude while routinely exercising sound judgment
• Demonstrates strong professionalism and ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
• Self-sufficient, accountable and able to work autonomously with minimal supervision, proactively looking for ways to improve workflows and team efficiencies, and deadline oriented
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate
• Technical Skills:
• Proficient with Windows and Mac OS, and basic understanding of computer security and handling of sensitive data
• Microsoft Office and Google Suite experience (namely spreadsheets), and aptitude for learning new software and troubleshooting issues
• Experience with Zendesk and Adobe Creative Suite software a plus
• Experience working with image cataloging and digital asset management systems a plus
• Ability to do basic data entry and keywording on image assets
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.