Development Coordinator - Animation
Full Time Job
We are looking for a Development Coordinator in the animation space who reflects the creative talent and passion for great filmmaking that define Lucasfilm.
The Development Coordinator is responsible for providing support for the Director of Animation Development across animation at Lucasfilm by providing excellent administrative, talent tracking, and workflow support with the opportunity to participate in story development and production across a broad portfolio of projects.
• Manage, track, and vet animation talent and incoming submissions. Provide coverage as needed. Have finger on the pulse of animation--from competitive talent and projects to emerging trends.
• Work with and support the greater internal animation development department and the franchise story group as necessary.
• Compile story notes and story meeting notes as needed.
• Generate story summaries and rough proposals as needed.
• Provide support with ideation document generation.
• Develop and use planning systems and 'work in process' tracking systems daily. Provide support on creation of workflow management system.
• Manage record keeping and circulation of continuity documents.
• Assists in the day to day management of established schedules through production planning, coordination and troubleshooting.
• Coordinate any animation and distribution requests that will come in from across the internal franchise (consumer products, marketing, PR).
• Work with department PA to meet and greet guests, order all catering for meetings, and arrange all offsite lunches and dinner meetings.
• Support the Director of Animation Development by arranging travel, creating presentations and coordinating other key events. Roll calls when necessary.
• Manage and track expense reports and receipts; reconcile corporate credit card accounts regularly.
• Work with department PA for meeting preparation including agenda prep and distribution; facilitate copies of presentations, refreshments, and clean up. Test and set up all IT needs for the room.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
• 3 years' experience in a fast-paced development/production/agency or management co. environment. Executive assistant/animation development experience a plus.
• Demonstrated professionalism and ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
• Able to communicate with all levels of executives, management and staff, including high-level entertainment industry talent, agents, and vendors, with diverse personalities and work styles
• Excellent organizational and follow through skills. Ability to work well and prioritize in a fast-paced multi-project environment
• Ability to shift priorities quickly in response to changing circumstances, remaining flexible, calm, and focused while multi-tasking at a very fast pace
• Strong note taking skills are a necessity
• Strong writing and story development skills
• Ability to work independently and take ownership of special projects
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with all levels of executive, management, staff, and talent
• Demonstrated ability to partner with others and build relationships; team player
• Must be proficient with the following software: MS Word, Excel, Google Mail, and PowerPoint, Keynote.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks with a high level of detail and accuracy
• Demonstrated ability to partner with others and build relationships
• Must work well under pressure
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.