Creative Executive, Franchise Content & Strategy
LucasfilmSan Francisco, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/27/2021 4:19:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Creative Executive, Franchise Content & Strategy jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all Creative Executive, Franchise Content & Strategy postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Creative Executive, Franchise Content & Strategy? Job Summary:
We are looking for a Creative Executive who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define Lucasfilm.
The Creative Executive, Franchise Content & Strategy, will be responsible for partnering with the VP and Director, Franchise Content & Strategy to liaise with production & development teams across the company and create franchise deliverables from shared materials. Also, when opportunity arises or there is help needed, they will support the team in providing feedback on creative direction and narrative continuity across the franchise.
• Responsible for reading/reviewing material for multiple projects in development across all platforms: film, live-action TV, animation, publishing, games, parks, and VR.
• Plan out schedules and manage execution of key deliverables that facilitate support for narrative across the franchise including in Consumer Products, Marketing, PR, Online, and more
• Key deliverables include but are not limited to: asset menus, narrative overviews, NO FLY list, character bios, synopses, redacted scripts
• Ensure clear calendars and timelines are created and kept to for all Franchise deliverables across all projects on every platform
• Communicate frequently with the Asset Group who ingest important materials like the asset menu & NO FLY list and help ensure adherence to the proper guidelines, answering questions and providing guidance when needed
• Liaison with various divisions and departments at Lucasfilm, focusing on marketing, PR and consumer products. This includes reviewing marketing and publicity materials to ensure adherence to creative direction of narrative. Suggesting new direction and fixes as necessary and providing content direction and story support for products in other lines of business.
• When possible, participate in creative meetings involving the development team, executives, and key creative leadership teams in all areas of the business.
• 5 years as an executive in Story Development, or in a relevant Franchise related field such as Marketing, Consumer Products, Project Management, or other.
• Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of management and with diverse personalities and work styles.
• Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal).
• Capable of working independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to establish priorities and multi-task efficiently within a high-pressure environment while meeting strict deadlines.
• Demonstrable flexibility, professionalism, and finesse when handling the multiple and diverse demands of a creative environment.
• Some background in Project Coordination / Management strongly preferred
• Strong knowledge of all things Star Wars
• Proven awareness and understanding of how a Franchise business works and what is needed to keep a creative-driven industry thriving
• Demonstrated professionalism and ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
• Excellent organizational and follow-through skills. Ability to work well and prioritize in a fast-paced multi-project environment
• Strong PowerPoint/keynote skills are a must
• Strong note-taking skills are a necessity
• Strong writing skills preferred
• Ability to work independently and take ownership of special projects
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.