LucasfilmSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Contract Administrator (SF or LA)
This position has flexibility to be in Los Angeles or San Francisco.
We are looking for a Contract Administrator who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, and passion for great storytelling and filmmaking that define Lucasfilm. The right person will be as wise as Yoda, as meticulous as C-3PO, with a dash of Rey's pluck and outside-the-box thinking.
The Contract Administrator is responsible for providing essential support for Lucasfilm's live action and animated productions.
• Perform clearance functions in connection with Lucasfilm properties, such as review of Lucasfilm audio/visual content (including music) in advertising/publicity materials, in-house productions, third party productions, licensing, and related programs; prepare approval/restriction/obligation memos, chain-of-title analyses, and similar reports; and, clear third party materials for inclusion in Lucasfilm projects.
• Draft, review, negotiate, and administrate all types of production-related contracts, including above- and below-the-line talent; props and sets, locations; leases; construction; vendor agreements; services; equipment; vehicles; and VFX.
• Work closely with the production team, Casting Administration, Risk Management, Labor Relations, Clearances, Payroll, and Credit Administration on issues arising in production.
• Administrate guild signatory status for each production.
• Ensure legal policies and contracts are applied across productions on a consistent basis.
• Provide counsel and assistance to the production team on matters relating to use of television production forms and legal policies.
• Coordinate execution and distribution of approved documents and any necessary payments.
• Prepare legal correspondence, including termination letters, extensions and amendments.
• Respond to legal inquiries; raise and escalate legal issues as necessary.
• Maintain library of production agreement templates.
• Assist in preparation of restrictions memos for each production.
• Track and prepare reports relating to status of production agreements and other production activities.
• Perform special projects and other related duties as assigned or requested.
• Such additional, alternative, removed or changed responsibilities as may be directed from time-to-time by a supervisor, without advance notice.
• College degree in relevant field or equivalent level of experience.
• Four years of experience in contract negotiation and drafting.
• Experience with entertainment production and/or television industry.
• Paralegal certificate or equivalent experience in a law firm or media company.
• Experience with guild (SAG, DGA, WGA, Equity, etc.) rules and regulations.
• Experience with intellectual property clearances.
• Strong PC skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe, Google Mail, and Outlook.
• Interact well with all levels of personnel with ability to communicate clearly.
• Must be willing to take ''ownership'' of projects and think proactively.
• Ability to identify and analyze complex issues and devise solutions and strategies with minimal supervision.
• Must have superior organizational skills with the ability to prioritize high-volume work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Self-starter with ability to multi-task, excellent work ethic and commitment to managing assignments with professionalism and integrity.
• Excellent written, verbal, analytical and organizational skills.
• Must be detail-oriented, with accurate input and proofing skills.
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.