Asst Digital Image Archivist
LucasfilmSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
The Assistant Digital Image Archivist services image requests related to all Lucasfilm titles not in current production or release. This role works with the Image Archives Librarian to organize and maintain the physical photo library, and contributes to the metadata descriptions and organization of image assets in the Lucasfilm digital asset management system.
• Process and service photo orders on all titles in the Lucasfilm archives library for Lucasfilm and third parties.
• Upload archival materials into asset management system and add descriptive metadata.
• Quality control and organize digital images assets after new productions become archive titles.
• Assist in the preservation and organization of original physical image assets including negatives, transparencies, contact sheets, photographs and digital files.
• Assist in the digital scanning of negatives and transparencies.
• 3 years' experience working with digital asset management systems, preferably within a creative services agency or entertainment company.
• Demonstrated understanding and application of industry best practices for the handling and care of photographic material such as prints, negatives, slides, digital storage media, and born digital image formats.
• Knowledge of scanning software such as Epson Scan or Silverfast.
• Demonstrates strong organizational skills
• Able to communicate clearly and effectively, both in written and verbal form.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite software with excellent Photoshop skills (including basic retouching skills).
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.