Associate Principal Counsel
LucasfilmSan Francisco, CA
This was removed by the employer on 8/11/2021 9:53:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Associate Principal Counsel jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all Associate Principal Counsel postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Associate Principal Counsel?
Full Time Job
The Associate Principal Counsel is responsible for negotiating and drafting agreements related to the development and production of live-action theatrical motion pictures and television; providing guidance and counsel to creative and production executives on legal matters related to production, including guild, intellectual property, and tax matters; and advising internal business units regarding ancillary rights issues related to Lucasfilm's motion pictures and live-action television content.
We are looking for an Associate Principal Counsel who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, and passion for great storytelling and filmmaking that define Lucasfilm.
Organized, detail oriented and strategically minded are key words for the Associate Principal Counsel. On any given day, you might:
• Negotiate and draft agreements for services of talent (e.g., producers, story editors, writers, etc.) for linear animated television and streaming animated and live action scripted content.
• Oversee all production related legal matters that arise in connection with television and streaming animated/live action scripted content production.
• Prepare memos summarizing rights, talent approvals, and other obligations.
• Draft and negotiate a variety of production agreements including locations, leases, vendor/equipment, catering, third party consulting and other production related agreements.
• Evaluate and advise on clearance matters, guild issues, and other concerns relating to the production, marketing and exploitation of feature films and episodic content produced by Lucasfilm.
• You probably have 7 or more years' experience with a minimum of 3 years in the entertainment industry.
• Solid understanding of theatrical motion picture and/or episodic business and legal issues. Demonstrated capacity to keep current on emerging business and legal trends in motion picture, television and new media industry.
• Superior drafting, negotiation, communication and organizational skills. Experience drafting and negotiating live-action and/or animation episodic television/SVOD talent contracts preferred.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work well in a team environment and act as a resource to colleagues with less experience. Ability to build interdepartmental relationships at all levels.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically and present arguments to higher-level attorneys and clients to help shape strategic decisions made by those individuals.
• Ability to evaluate and reconcile issues from the business-unit and enterprise level perspective.
• Exceptional organizational, prioritization and time management skills with the ability to work under deadlines and execute efficiently against multiple, high-priority and high volume projects. Demonstrates a clear ability to manage fast paced production environment.
• Ability to work in an environment with a high degree of confidentiality.
• JD degree required.
• Admission to California State Bar Association (or willingness and qualification to be Registered In-House Counsel) and law degree from an accredited law school.
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.