Virtual Production Technical Support Specialist
Lucasfilm EntertainmentLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/22/2021 5:51:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast Operations Category
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Virtual Production Technical Support Specialist jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Virtual Production Technical Support Specialist postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Virtual Production Technical Support Specialist? Virtual Production Technical Support Specialist (Stagecraft) Los Angeles, CA
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
We are looking for a Stagecraft Virtual Production Technical Support Specialist who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
The Stagecraft Virtual Production Technical Support Specialist will provide day to day technical support within our upcoming virtual production spaces. This role will provide direct onsite support for technology used by our virtual production teams, including proactive maintenance on computer systems and associated IT and AV infrastructure, as well as handling break/fix and issues that arise within the stage.
Partnering closely with ILM Engineering, s/he will help contribute to ensure operations run smoothly for our operators and clients.
S/he will demonstrate the ability to work closely with engineering teams in LA / SF, including coordinating & making repairs with vendors and internal teams, as well as making recommendations to improve uptime within our virtual production space.
What you’ll do
• Maintain our Linux / Windows computer systems and associated IT / AV equipment within our soundstages.
• Communicate effectively with teams to ensure equipment is always production ready for our clients.
• Monitor the health of the infrastructure, and engage teams and vendors as needed to ensure problems are resolved quickly as needed.
• Respond to break / fix requests and demonstrate ownership of the problem until resolved.
• Develop operational best practices with other teams, such as proactive system maintenance and scheduled downtimes.
• Together with on set virtual production operators, contribute to testing and validating newly deployed or released hardware or software solutions.
• Perform occasional site visits to other ILM locations / Clients as needed to assist in deployment / pullback of customized technology solutions
• Act as point of contact for all aspects of technical operations at the studio for multiple stages / providing coordination support as needed to engineering team members.
What we’re looking for
• You must have: Strong skills in Linux operating systems (CentOS primarily) and Windows 7, 10 operating systems. Command line experience required. Remote management and scripting experience helpful.
• You must have: Experience / a solid understanding in supporting A/V equipment in a production environment, with professional grade video infrastructure, such as SDI video routers.
• You must have: a good level of understanding of networking principles and equipment (Switches, routers, cabling, VLANs etc).
• You must have: Solid understanding of complex pipelines and distributed compute platforms.
• 2-4 years of desktop support experience. Fast-paced, high pressure, film / TV production environment experience is required.
• Proven track record supporting film production / post production facilities, including examples of solving problems on the fly.
• Friendly, approachable and a “can do” attitude.
• Rapid response to technical challenges- must be able to “think / act quickly” to resolve new technology needs for production.
• Ability to be flexible and adjust schedules based on production timelines.
• Exceptional level of communication- listening, understanding and effective communication to demonstrate to the client / ILM teams that you can solve their problem.
• Self-starter, energetic, strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload.
• Awareness of own capabilities and when to escalate for assistance/information/approvals.
• Proactive approach to supporting technology- demonstrate you can prevent problems, vs fix them.
• Detailed, methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolving issues.
• Ability to manage time effectively, and triage and prioritize based on production needs.
• Able to lift 50lbs on a regular basis
• Demonstrated ability to perform typical network troubleshooting / performance issues.
• Good understanding of rendering / game engine technology / real time rendering desired.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.