Technical Support Specialist, Bc
Lucasfilm EntertainmentVancouver, BC
This was removed by the employer on 1/6/2022 4:49:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Technical Support Specialist, Bc jobs in Vancouver-BC
Search all Technical Support Specialist, Bc postings
Full Time Job
Technical Support Specialist (StageCraft) Vancouver, BC
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
The Technical Support Specialist (StageCraft) will provide day-to-day technical assistance within our upcoming virtual production spaces. This role will provide direct onsite assistance for technology used by our virtual production teams, including proactive maintenance on computer systems and associated IT and AV infrastructure, as well as handling break/fix and issues that arise within the stage.
Partnering closely with ILM Engineering, the Technical Support Specialist (StageCraft) will help contribute to ensure operations run smoothly for our operators and clients. They will demonstrate the ability to work closely with engineering teams in Los Angeles and San Francisco, including coordinating & making repairs with vendors and internal teams, as well as making recommendations to improve uptime within our virtual production space.
What You’ll Do
• Maintains computer systems and associated IT / AV equipment within our soundstages
• Communicates effectively with teams to ensure equipment is always production ready for our clients
• Monitors the health of the infrastructure, and engages teams and vendors as needed to ensure problems are resolved quickly as needed
• Answers break / fix requests and demonstrates ownership of the problem until resolved
• Develops operational best practices with other teams, such as proactive system maintenance and scheduled downtimes
• Work with on set virtual production operators, contribute to testing and validating newly deployed or released hardware or software solutions
• Performs occasional site visits to other ILM locations / Clients as needed to assist in deployment / pullback of customized technology solutions
• Act as point of contact for all aspects of technical operations at the studio for multiple stages / providing coordination assistance as needed to engineering team members
What We’re Looking For
• 2-4 years of desktop assistance experience. Fast-paced, high pressure, film / TV production environment experience is required
• Proven track record assisting film production / post production facilities, including examples of solving problems on the fly
• Friendly, approachable and a “can do” attitude
• Rapidly react to technical challenges - must be able to “think / act quickly” to resolve new technology needs for production
• Ability to be flexible and adjust schedules based on production timelines
• Exceptional level of communication - listening, comprehending, and effective communication to demonstrate to the client / ILM teams that you can solve their problem
• Self-starter, energetic, strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload
• Awareness of own capabilities and when to escalate for assistance/information/approvals
• Proactive approach to assisting technology - demonstrate you can prevent problems, vs fix them
• Demonstrated ability to perform typical network troubleshooting / performance issues
• Strong skills in Linux operating systems (CentOS primarily) and Windows 7, 8 and 10 operating systems. Command line experience required.
• Experience / solid knowledge in assisting A/V equipment in a production environment
• Good level of comprehension of networking principles and equipment (Switches, routers, cabling, VLANs etc)
• Solid knowledge of complex pipelines and distributed compute platforms
• Detailed, methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolving issues
• Nice to have:
• Good working knowledge of rendering / game engine technology / real time rendering desired
• Remote management and scripting experience helpful
• Ability to manage time effectively, and triage and prioritize based on production needs
• Able to lift 50lbs on a regular basis
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.
• • •
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.