Virtual Production Operations Coordinator
Lucasfilm EntertainmentSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Coordinates the day-to-day operations of the department under the direction of the Virtual Production Leadership team. Works closely with the Virtual Production Manager on hardware coordination for location shoots, Virtual Art Department (VAD) as well as our LED Volume operations.
What You’ll Do
• Responsible for the coordination of all on location digital camera packages. Works with productions and artists to determine gear required, checking these items in and out to production, tracking the equipment in a hardware database, on site maintenance, sending out for maintenance, ordering parts, etc.
• Maintains a hardware asset-tracking database and oversees vaulting high value physical capture equipment (cameras, lidar gear, hard drives, custom calibration objects)
• Responsible for obtaining quotes, PR’s, reviewing invoices, and other paperwork for accuracy prior to manager approval. Resolve errors with accounting when necessary
• Maintains a vendor contact list, price lists, and purchase requisition database
• Aligns with show production over scheduling and task management for ILM VAD artists and assets. Using production tools to log and communicate updates, they should have a strong focus on managing the ongoing task list and operations for the resources within the VAD
• Keep track of all kits out on set or at homes of ILM hires or clients. Ensure they are shipped out according to schedule and returned upon show or hire wrap
• Be the main contact with clients using VAD At Home Kits for aid in set up and coordinating trouble shooting with ILM IT tech
• Liaise with core technology teams and respective project managers for custom R&D and development tasks relating to VAD workflows
• Works with ILM IT to purchase hardware for 'At Home Kits' for both ILM and client needs as spec'd by the IT VAD tech role
• Performs special projects under the supervision of the Virtual Production supervision team
Administrative / Departmental Duties
• Manages office and administrative supplies for department
• Track vacation and out of office requests for the Virtual Production department
• Participates in the development and maintenance of all department web pages and online request forms
• Responsible for all ordering of production and administrative supplies based on requests from area leads
What We're Looking For
• Bachelor's degree in Film or related field or equivalent work experience required plus minimum of 3 years of experience, preferably in visual effects or live action production
• Demonstrated ability to effectively schedule projects and/or resources required
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of film production and post-production techniques and terminology required
• Must have strong client service and communication skills
• Must be detail and solution-oriented
• Ability to work independently and with a team
• Must have the ability to juggle multiple projects, work with diverse personalities, and work within strict deadlines
• Proven ability to provide innovative troubleshooting in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in a discreet, diplomatic, and professional manner
• Proficient with GSuite, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
• • •
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.