Lucasfilm EntertainmentSydney, NS
This was removed by the employer on 9/13/2021 5:54:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for VFX Editor jobs in Sydney-NS
Search all VFX Editor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a VFX Editor?
Full Time Job
VFX Editor, Australia
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
ILM opened its Sydney studio in July 2019. The youngest of all of the ILM studios, the Sydney studio leverages the expertise and technological know-how developed over 40 years at Industrial Light & Magic combined with the top artists and technicians in the region. Knowledge and culture flow freely between the company’s five studios and the global team shares tools and workflow allowing for seamless collaboration on all shared projects.
As we grow ILM Sydney, we are seeking a VFX Editor to join the team and be a part of this exciting opportunity.
We are looking for a VFX editor who reflects the production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
The VFX Editor is responsible for managing the editorial process on VFX projects, working closely with co-editors within ILM or directly with clients.
What You’ll Do
• Keep project’s edits up to date with the latest client turnovers and daily department updates
• Communicate with client editorial and ILM VFX production teams to maintain editorial databases and track all changes and iterations to edits
• Provide production and VFX departments with difference reports, MOV’s, AIFF’s, EDLs, ALE’s or other editorial data
• Work closely with the ILM project production and supervision teams to provide general editorial support; including creative edits, abbreviated cuts, internal cuts
• Show wrap-up including final reel, layoff of movie files and consolidating media
• Work on broader ILM company editorial projects, including internal and external marketing reels
What We’re Looking For
• An editor who has specific experience in supporting VFX feature film or episodic projects, with shotgun and VFX pipeline knowledge
• You probably have 5 or more years experience, ideally with Avid media composer
• A self starter who is able to work independently, is collaborative and maintains positive relationships within ILM in Sydney as well as with the global teams
• You have a Bachelor's Degree in film/digital media production or a related degree, or you have relevant industry experience
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
• • •
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.