VFX Editor, Australia
Lucasfilm EntertainmentSydney, NS
This was removed by the employer on 12/16/2020 5:52:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for VFX Editor, Australia jobs in Sydney-NS
Search all VFX Editor, Australia postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a VFX Editor, Australia? Job Summary:
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
ILM opened its Sydney studio in the July 2019. The youngest of all of the ILM studios, the Sydney studio leverages the expertise and technological know-how developed over 40 years at Industrial Light & Magic combined with the top artists and technicians in the region. Knowledge and culture flow freely between the company’s five studios and the global team shares tools and workflow allowing for seamless collaboration on all shared projects.
As we grow ILM Sydney, we are seeking a VFX Editor to join the team and be a part of this exciting opportunity.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Update sequences with new dailies from CG artists and outsource vendors.
• Communicate with client editorial: track all stages of the client cuts, internal cuts and iterations.
• Request scans from the client editorial and/or scan facility.
• Maintain internal editorial database.
• Provide abbreviated cuts for all client reviews.
• Identify selects of material captured internally.
• Work with the VFX and/or Animation Supervisor, present creative edits to the client when required.
• Output sequence movie files, AIFF audio files, and EDLs for CG as specified by production.
• Provide visual reference for production, stage, art department, client, etc.
• Output JPEG shot frames to Production for storyboarding and Production database use.
• Shows wrap-up including finals reel, layoff of movie files, consolidating media
• Drive production of internal and external marketing reels .
• Works with an assistant, mentoring and delegating.
• Film tasks: print handling, pull and prep wedges and conform workprint reels if required.
• Performs special projects under the supervision of the Senior Editor, production manager or department manager.
Key Peers or Relationships
Co-editors, assistant editors, Resource Assistant, VFX Supervisor, Production team, Animation Supervisor
Bachelor's Degree in Film or related field desired, or equivalent experience.
• Previous experience with Avid Media Composer.
• Proven VFX editorial experience.
• Strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines while working under tight schedules.
• Strong team player with good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Extensive knowledge and comprehension of codecs, transcoding and QT formats.
• Extensive experience with shot tracking databases (i.e.: Filemaker, Shotgun).
• Knowledge of traditional film/print/negative.
• Experience with ingesting performance capture a plus.
• Apple ActionScript experience a plus.
• Command-line environments (ie: Linux) a plus.
• 3D Stereo experience a plus.
• Knowledge/maintaining unity management a plus.
• Previous experience in post-production film (e.g., film handling, coding,logging).
• Previous experience in post-production HD tape acquisitions (e.g., timecode, logging, capturing).
Proficient with Mac OS
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.