VFX Production Engineer,
Lucasfilm EntertainmentLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 1/14/2021 2:52:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for VFX Production Engineer, jobs in London-UK
Search all VFX Production Engineer, postings
Full Time Job
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
The Production Engineer II in Platform is responsible for developing and maintaining elements of the VFX production pipeline, and ensuring it is running smoothly and efficiently. The Production Engineer II will be active in both development projects and artist support. You will work with an excited team of engineers to realize software and workflows surrounding our review processes and production tracking mechanisms.
Work on development projects as assigned by local management in coordination with the central project management team
• Responsible for the development of workflow and tools, under the guidance of a project lead
• Creates new tools and workflows
• Suggests methods and procedures on new assignments
• May have singular responsibility for a project
• Advises/assists other engineers with maintenance and bug fixing of existing tools
• Serves as knowledge resource for workflow and tools used in production at ILM
• Updates and features additions to existing tools
• Provide support to local productions to keep the pipeline running smoothly
• Troubleshoot pipeline issues
• Install and configure software
• Assist with show work area creation and configuration
• Configure the pipeline to meet shows’ needs
• Develop per-show tool customizations as determined by show supervisors
• Provide training and assistance to artists on toolsets and workflows
• Participates in discussions surrounding future workflow and tool development
• Collaborates with artists and productions to develop efficient workflows and supporting tools
• Participate in the activities of the globally distributed production engineering team, including:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computing Science or Graphics discipline, or equivalent professional experience
• 4-8 years of experience in the visual effects or computer animation industries
• Required Skills / Competencies:
• A positive, “can-do” attitude with balance: must not be afraid to ask for help when getting outside experience base or comfort zone
• A clear and concise communicator: ability to keep end users informed of progress and managers informed of requests
• An effective listener: able to engage with and understand artists to discover what their requirements are
• An effective time manager: must be able to prioritize a multitude of requests and not be afraid to ask for help if the path isn’t clear
• Passionate about delivering rigorous follow-through on assigned tasks
• An agile, flexible and quick thinker: this is an energetic, dynamic environment requiring an ability to adapt to rapidly changing requirements
• A creative thinker and innovator: able to devise and employ ingenious solutions to difficult problems
• Expert knowledge of python programming and the Linux environment
• Experience working with revision control systems and defined coding standards
• Experience developing tools and/or plugins within industry software packages such as Shotgun, Nuke, RV
• Experience with REST API development in python (i.e: django, flask, tornado, etc.)
• Experience with SQL databases (i.e: mariadb, mysql, postgres, oracle, etc.)
• Experience with message queue systems (i.e: rabbitmq, kafka, google cloud pub/sub, etc.)
• Experience with Docker, systemd, Ansible
• Experience with React Web UI development
• Experience testing your application! Unit, integration, and load tests.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.