Training Technical Specialist, Bc
Lucasfilm EntertainmentVancouver, BC
This was removed by the employer on 1/30/2021 5:52:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Training Technical Specialist, Bc jobs in Vancouver-BC
Search all Training Technical Specialist, Bc postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Training Technical Specialist, Bc? Job Summary:
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
ILM Vancouver’s Studio Talent Group is seeking a Technical Specialist to perform two key roles: 1) to maintain Training’s hardware and computing environment to ensure that we are prepared to provide effective training for ILM’s global studios and 2) maintain and development of the Studio Talent Group’s tool set, including our internal technical documentation Content Management System.
This challenging position will offer the opportunity to discover, develop, and expand one’s skills in a dynamic, diverse, and collaborative environment.
Content Management System - Confluence:
• Support and enhance Confluence, ILM’s technical content management system, including new releases/upgrades as necessary.
• Troubleshoot Confluence related support questions.
• Collaborate with developers in Production Engineering and Information Systems to ensure Confluence is working as it should.
• Stay up-to-date on the latest tools in web development.
• Maintain resources and standards for Training. Coordinate with technical staff at ILM Vancouver, ILM Singapore, ILM Sydney, ILM San Francisco and ILM London to determine the needs for Training’s environment. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Ensure that training directories are up-to-date with current generics;
• Monitor disk space and report status to all who need to know;
• Monitor show-specific scripts;
• Set up dot files and make corrections;
• Modify scripts where needed to make sure everything is working and appropriate improvements are developed.
• Maintain proficiency in shot and asset management systems;
• Politely remind trainers and trainees to clean up their files.
• Quickly and efficiently perform all tasks as directed, assisting the trainers with scripts/software, resource updates, departmental procedures, and so on.
• Facilitate integration of new software, hardware and procedures into ILM & show specific pipelines as needed.
• Maintain vidcap tool and including new releases/upgrades as necessary.
• Troubleshoot vidcap related support questions.
Training Department Support:
• Supporting Studio Talent team with projects as needed.
• Maintain and update Wordpress sites including STG’s site, ilm-online, and survey tools, ensuring content is current and relevant.
• Post vidcaps/recordings to Confluence after Speaker Series presentations.
• Provide media updates to the ILM Production Workflow document.
• Update Lucasfilm’s internal Siggraph portal.
• Participate in Production Engineering meetings as needed to stay informed regarding any developments in technology.
/ Experience / Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree plus 1 year of related experience.
• Familiarity with film production/post production and computer graphics.
• Aesthetic eye and/or artistic background highly desired.
• Proven knowledge of and experience with Linux and Windows operating systems.
• Strong scripting language (e.g., Python) and programming language (e.g., Python, C/C , Java) is a must.
• Knowledge of, and experience with, 3D modeling/animation software (i.e. Maya).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact with diverse personalities.
• Strong time management skills; Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
• Proven ability to work autonomously and in team settings.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.