Technical Support Specialist
Lucasfilm EntertainmentSan Francisco, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/30/2021 11:53:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Technical Support Specialist jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all Technical Support Specialist postings
Full Time Job
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
The ILM Technical Support Specialist will provide day to day technical support for our Virtual Art Department team(s). This role will provide direct onsite support for technology used by our Virtual Art Department teams, including artist workstations and peripherals, associated IT and A/V infrastructure, and VR hardware. This role will also provide proactive maintenance as well as handle break/fix and other technical issues that arise.
Partnering closely with the ILM Client Services Team, you will contribute to ensuring the Virtual Art Department team(s) operate efficiently with as little downtime as possible. You will demonstrate the ability to work closely with IT and engineering teams in LA and SF, including coordinating & making repairs with vendors and internal teams, as well as providing recommendations to improve uptime and artist efficiency.
What you’ll do
• Build, deploy and maintain computer systems and associated IT infrastructure.
• Maintain accurate inventory of all hardware components including keyboards, mice, VR headsets, tablets, monitors, workstations, and other IT components.
• Communicate effectively with both IT and client teams to ensure technology is operating efficiently.
• Monitor the health of the infrastructure, and engage teams and vendors as needed to ensure problems are resolved quickly.
• Address break / fix requests and demonstrate ownership of the problem until resolved.
• Develop operational best practices with other teams, such as proactive system maintenance and scheduled downtimes.
• Along with the various ILM IT teams, contribute to the testing and validation of newly deployed or released hardware and software solutions.
• Perform occasional site visits to other ILM locations or Clients as needed to assist in deployment, pullback or maintenance of customized technology solutions.
• Act as point of contact for all aspects of technical operations at the studio, providing onsite assistance as needed to various ILM IT team members.
What we’re looking for
• 2-4 years of desktop support experience in a fast-paced, high pressure, film / TV production environment is required.
• Proven track record in film production / post production facilities, including examples of solving problems on the fly.
• Friendly, approachable and a “can do” attitude.
• Rapid response to technical challenges - must be able to “think and act quickly” to resolve new technology needs for production.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to self-prioritize tasks based on production needs.
• Ability to be flexible and adjust schedules based on production timelines.
• Exceptional level of communication - listening, comprehension and ability to demonstrate to the ILM teams that you can solve their problem.
• Energetic self-starter with ability to follow a task through to completion.
• Awareness of own capabilities and when to escalate for assistance/information/approvals.
• Proactive approach to supporting technology; ability to anticipate and prevent problems and not just fix them.
• Demonstrated ability to perform typical network troubleshooting and debug performance issues.
• Strong Windows 10 operating system administration skills.
• Experience with VR applications (Unreal) and VR hardware a plus.
• Experience with VFX tools such as Maya, Photoshop, ZBrush, Substance Designer/Painter.
• Solid comprehension of complex pipelines and distributed computer platforms.
• Familiarity with macOS and Linux operating systems (CentOS primarily) a plus.
• Experience supporting A/V equipment in a production environment a plus.
• Remote management and scripting experience helpful.
• Good level of knowledge of networking principles and equipment (Switches, routers, cabling, VLANs etc).
• Good sense of rendering, game engine technology, real time rendering desired.
• Nice to have:
• Detailed, methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolving issues.
• Ability to manage time effectively, and triage and prioritize based on production needs.
• Able to lift 50lbs on a regular basis.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
• • •
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.