Technical Assistant, Level I
Lucasfilm EntertainmentVancouver, BC
This was removed by the employer on 3/11/2021 5:52:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Technical Assistant, Level I jobs in Vancouver-BC
Search all Technical Assistant, Level I postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Technical Assistant, Level I? Technical Assistant, Level I, Bc
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
The Technical Assistant I (TA) is responsible for providing front line rendering and data management support for ILM VFX Production teams and the facility. TA’s are also responsible for managing storage by wrangling data through archiving, removing data and following resource management best practices. The TA team ensures full utilization of the render farm during their shift and communicates as technical issues affecting the throughput the farm arise.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Prioritizes overnight renders. Coordinates processor allocations with Core Pipeline & Show Production teams. Balances processor demands within show, between shows, and as a share of facility pool.
• Responsible for reporting issues with frames post render to the digital artists and CG Supervisors and work to find a solution.
• Works to ensure full resource utilization during the night. Manipulates priorities to ensure that renders are completed by next business day. Reports any machine problems or general issues that hinder the completion of renders to the appropriate department.
• Monitors disk usage for the facility, with a particular focus on individual shows, and on a shot-by-shot basis within those shows. Coordinates show storage needs on a long-term basis with Digital Resource Manager.
• Works with the Digital Resource Manager, CG Supervisors and Core Pipeline team to ensure show follows proper data management procedures.
• Prioritizes, manages, and maintains archive of show data, including creation of archival backups for shows, maintenance of archive database, storage and retrieval of physical media for recent show archives. Fulfills all data restoration requests, including archival research to locate requested data.
• Responsible for maintaining and updating department tools. Works closely with Core Pipeline to ensure that code is clean and well maintained.
• Participates in development projects; writes production and pipeline scripts as required to support ongoing technology efforts.
Reports to the Talent Manager, Studio and receives daily oversight and direction from the Production Engineering Supervisor.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Film Production or equivalent degree.
• 1-2 years relevant work experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact with diverse personalities.
• Strong time management skills; Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
• Aesthetic eye and/or artistic background highly desired.
• Familiarity with film and video post-production and/or computer graphics techniques highly desired.
• Proven ability to work autonomously and in team settings.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Ability to adapt to a high pressure, fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Ability to work shift hours as required.
• Proven knowledge of and experience with Linux, Mac and Windows operating systems.
• Strong scripting language (e.g. Python, Shell) is highly desired.
• Knowledge of, and experience with, 3D animation software (e.g. Maya, Katana) is highly desired.
• Database knowledge preferred (e.g. Oracle, Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra).
• Knowledge of networking, tape backup systems, hardware a plus.
• VFX, Feature Animation or Episodic production experience a plus.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.