Lucasfilm EntertainmentLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 5/28/2021 3:52:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Talent Manager jobs in London-UK
Search all Talent Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Talent Manager?
Full Time Job
Talent Manager - Expression Of Interest, United Kingdom
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
To oversee and develop the day-to-day schedules for the artists, under the direction of the Senior Talent Manager and working closely with Production to ensure timely and efficient completion of shows. Day to day line management of the artists working closely with HR, Training and other departments as appropriate effectively managing people issues informally as they arise escalating to HR as appropriate, managing artist performance and absence and promoting artist technical and self-development.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Manages the artists day to day in regards to queries, absence, performance, career progression, next show opportunities, contract extensions etc., working closely with HR when people issues escalate.
• Interacts with Producers on the day-to-day crew needs for shows. Coordinates changes with Management and Producers and informs HR of changes when necessary.
• Through weekly CG Status meetings, maintains regular contact with Shows to ensure that crewing needs are met.
• Maintains overall and show-specific schedule for Digital Artists. Creates and maintains scheduling overviews and availability schedules upon request.
• Works with the Training team to develop training plans for upcoming show needs and ongoing departmental talent development.
• Determines and projects current and future Digital Artist workforce needs based on input from the Bidding Producer and Production team, including maintaining contact with Production regarding overall crew size requirements, crew start and end dates and show start/delivery dates as well as incorporating bidding data into facility projections. Flags potential problems in regards to any of those.
• Maintains overview of utilisation using established departmental production management and tracking systems.
• Works collaboratively with Production, Supervisors and Recruitment to define and communicate ongoing recruitment requirements.
• Facilitates show mid and post mortem reviews for London artists, working collaboratively with Production and/or SF Department Managers as show dictates. Coordinates feedback from this process and with Senior Talent Manager feeds back to the business.
• In collaboration with line manager, EIC and HR, facilitate annual performance and merit review process. Conduct performance reviews with Artists as needed.
• Works with the HR Coordinator, coordinates submission and review of timecards on a weekly basis.
• Facilitates the approval process for holiday requests including interacting and coordinating with employees, producers and management to avoid impacting production schedules.
• Work in collaboration with the Talent Managers in all ILM locations to ensure maximum crew utilisation and global talent management best practices are followed.
• Maybe required to participate or be responsible for other duties and special projects as assigned.
Key Peers or Relationships
• Senior Talent Manager
• Producers and Production Team
• Creative Leadership teams
• HR and Recruitment team
• Global Talent/Department Manager Teams
• Experience in Film Production or related field.
• Previous experience in VFX industry in a scheduling or other relevant role or other high-end computer graphics / digital production environment.
• Understanding of computer graphics terminology and a thorough understanding of the processes involved in CG post production.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• High levels of self-motivation and pro-activeness as well as reactiveness.
• Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively to individuals of all nationalities and backgrounds.
• Demonstrable ability to work cooperatively with groups of individuals with different personalities, perspectives and talents.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
• Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
• Proactive and pragmatic approach to problem-solving with an ability to create process and useful data with ambiguous information.
• Proven analytical skills.
• Must be able to work quickly and effectively to turn around reports and analysis in a timely manner.
• Willingness to travel both nationally and internationally.
• Technical skills
• Advanced user of MS Office – Advanced MS Excel a big advantage
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.