Studio Talent Group Assistant
Lucasfilm EntertainmentLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 11/18/2021 3:54:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Studio Talent Group Assistant jobs in London-UK
Search all Studio Talent Group Assistant postings
Full Time Job
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Supports all members of the Studio Talent Group in London in all aspects of administration relating to Technical and Artistic Training, People Development, and Emerging Talent. Assists as a liaison and resource for trainees, managers and the STG team.
What you’ll do
Technical and Artistic Training/People Development:
• Assists and performs general administrative and support duties for the STG team, including working with the Global STG teams to schedule courses and course attendees; taking attendance; sending feedback; and maintaining records of other training requests.
• Serves as a liaison between trainees and the STG trainers, observing and communicating training needs and feedback to STG Leadership.
• Updates the STG website as needed.
• Maintains training class database and calendar making sure all courses and events are entered and accounted for.
• Maintains accurate tracking of course attendance. Assists in the creation of reports and schedules for managers and department personnel. Coordinates feedback collection and distribution.
• Assists with special projects as needed, including preparations for such events as the Speaker Series, Weeklies, Enrichment Courses and Disgraph.
• Supports New Hire Orientation scheduling, content and facilitation.
• Support the Emerging Talent (ET) Specialist in all tasks relating to the ET programmes for the London studio as per the strategic plan, e.g. graduates, apprenticeships, internships, Runner programme, Work Experience etc.
• Respond to University event requests coordinating speakers and ILM presence throughout the year
• Maintains various ET trackers, spreadsheets, calendars and updates Confluence pages as necessary
• Support the Emerging Talent Specialist to gather content for the quarterly emerging talent newsletter.
What we’re looking for
• Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline.
• Previous work experience in an industry similar to VFX is a benefit, but not essential.
• Familiarity with film production/post-production and computer graphics a benefit.
• Exceptional organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
• Interest in computer graphics, filmmaking, and education required.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact well with diverse personalities.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.
• • •
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.