Studio Operations Coordinator
Lucasfilm EntertainmentSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
We are looking for a Studio Operations Coordinator who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
The ideal candidate will have a can-do attitude, strong problem solving skills and a thorough communication style. You seek out new projects and work to help folks feel welcome, over-communicating and working to spread knowledge around best practices and new processes as our studio evolves and grows.
In this role, you ensure the smooth operations of many different aspects of ILM’s San Francisco studio, from customer service and being the first point of contact for our artists and show teams, to theaters, dailies rooms and conference room troubleshooting, along with everything in between. You provide administrative assistance and light calendar management for the executive team located in San Francisco and liaise and coordinate with your global counterparts.
What You'll Do
• First point of contact for most local artists, production and tech team members with questions outside their project environment
• Provide client and visitor assistance, give tours, create a welcoming environment
• Space planning and move coordination, including aid for employees working onsite in common workspaces
Viewstations, Bookings, Escalation Communications & Meetings
• Show kick off for dailies sessions set up, show specs, etc
• Train new production staff on theater, viewstation and hyperdrive setups/etiquette
• Proactively resolve scheduling conflicts with professional communication and diplomacy
• Maintains a thorough comprehension of presentation formats, room technology, and the required operator involvement for presentation scenarios; maintain and publish current specifications and standards for presentation materials.
• Liaise with the projectionist team and Media Systems Engineering (MSE) to spread knowledge, troubleshoot and improve processes
• Meeting Room training and troubleshooting
• Assist with preparation and execution of complex screening event logistics.
• Provide basic operational back-up as needed.
• Talent Management department and team assistance including:
• Generate reports as necessary; Coordinate requests to/from the Finance department including (but not limited to): expense reports, purchase requests, capital expense reports, petty cash, and check requests
• Assist in coordinating Technology Dept meetings, including booking, tracking invites and publishing notes, as well as alias creation
• Book and coordinate travel online following approved process and protocols
• Maintain department petty cash account
• Exec team calendar management, owner of ILM Department vacation calendar
• Purchases (studio ops, office depot)
• Supply closet inventory, including copier supplies; Tech closet inventory
• Vacation approvals for Artists/Production
• Lunch Vouchers & Pickups
• Special Event Coordination
Programs & Services
• Demo reels
• ILM Safe Rides
• Emergency Response Team
Special Projects as needed
What We're Looking For
• Minimum 2-3 years of scheduling/planning experience in an entertainment or multimedia event production industry.
• Proven ability to handle multiple Executive calendars.
• Demonstrates exceptional customer service and people skills with confident, independent judgment.
• Demonstrates consistency in accuracy and attention to detail.
• Knowledge of theatrical terminology and experience with the production environment preferred
• Demonstrates proactivity in giving team updates, and ensuring a consistent workload
• Knowledge of Feature Production, VFX, Media/Editorial and environment a plus
• Experience with planning and execution of live events a plus
• Proficiency with Google apps, Microsoft Office, Keynote, Powerpoint, Quicktime and similar programs.
• Familiarity with image and quicktime file types and resolutions.
• Familiarity with document sharing programs.
• Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills; the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Proven ability to provide innovative troubleshooting in a fast paced environment.
• Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information in a discreet, diplomatic, and professional manner.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.
• • •
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.