Senior Virtual Art Department Artist - Expression Of Interest2 Locations
Lucasfilm EntertainmentSan Francisco, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/6/2022 4:49:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Senior Virtual Art Department Artist - Expression Of Interest2 Locations jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all Senior Virtual Art Department Artist - Expression Of Interest2 Locations postings
Full Time Job
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
We are looking for an experienced, forward-thinking artist and leader who reflects the innovative spirit and passion for great filmmaking that defines ILM.
The Virtual Art Department (VAD) bridges the gap between Production Design and VFX. The VAD Senior Artist works within the Production Art Department to help the team create Real Time environments and assets for Virtual Production scouts.
What you’ll do
• Create 3D Real Time assets (by doing model/texture, complex lighting) to realize the 3d environment build.
• Create blocking geometry for initial environment block out.
• Process and cleanup photogrammetry assets.
• Tune assets and environments to be performance-optimized for scouting.
• As needed, act as a Lead on an environment or asset and create the look that the rest of the team follows.
• As needed, work directly with the Client (director or director of photography) operating scouts and re-lights.
• Communicate the status of your work and your teams work to Production and VAD Supervisor.
• Interpret feedback to respond to review notes with little supervisory direction.
• Participate as a team member in providing various aesthetic solutions; provide feedback to other members of the team by attending dailies on a regular basis and reviewing their work regularly.
• Mentor Apprentice and Jr. Artists and assist them with their work.
• Help develop and test tools and techniques before they are rolled out to VAD artists.
What we’re looking for
• A strong foundation in photo-realistic, traditional, or digital art skills with an emphasis on landscapes and interiors.
• Experience using a Real Time engine like Unreal or Unity.
• A demonstrated ability to quickly pick up new software.
• A person who exhibits strong teamwork, excellent communication and interdisciplinary thinking.
• A Bachelor’s Degree OR 5 years relevant experience (professional OR amateur)
• Proven ability in one or more CG techniques, including modeling, texturing, shading, lighting, look development, matte painting or compositing OR proven artistic ability in a non-CG field.
• Demonstrated knowledge in some or all of these software packages: Photoshop, 3DsMax, Maya, Perforce and 3D paint programs like Substance Painter. Comparable software experience considered.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
• • •
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.