Senior Technical Assistant
Lucasfilm EntertainmentSan Francisco, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/29/2021 1:52:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Senior Technical Assistant jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all Senior Technical Assistant postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Technical Assistant? Job Summary:
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
The Senior Technical Assistant (Sr TA) oversees all incoming and outgoing media to and from clients as well as outsourced vendors. Sr TAs track and manage all digital information through the CG pipeline. They serve as the liaison for digital resources and data pipeline information between Production, CG Supervisors, Artists, and Technical Support Staff. Sr TAs have an overall knowledge of the I/O, render, and data workflows on the portfolio of shows and can advise on solutions to pipeline-related issues.
What You'll Do
• Manage, track, and review all work sent out to and received by third party partners and shows, and communicate any information to appropriate parties as it relates to this process
• Load all incoming scans and digital deliveries from an outside post facility and on-set artists and supervisors
• Oversee the output of all hi-res images for digital delivery to clients
• Communicate and work with Show Supervisors as needed when issues arise that impact multiple shots being sent to or from external vendors
• Gain knowledge of how assets integrate and are used when returned or sent to a vendor
• Consult with other departments on development of tools and be prepared to help modify scripts to help facilitate workflow
• Use proprietary tools to convert files and apply look up tables
• Ensure that files are converted and loaded properly by consulting with Color Science team
• Package up and QC assets as requested by clients
• Unpack and integrate deliverables back into the ILM pipeline
• Interact with Show Supervisors, Production Engineering, and CG Artists as needed to ensure smooth flow of data in and out of the studio
• Transcode file formats and monitor file transfers to and from various sources
• Assist with distribution, debugging, and processing of work coming back
• Work closely with Production Assistant/Coordinator in charge of communicating with External Vendors
• Ensure images or assets are maintained within ILM’s current security standards
• Notify management of any security breaches or misuse of company or client assets
• Communicate directly with third-party partners when needed. Communication is preferably handled through the shows’ Production
• Document and disseminate current operating procedures
• Report equipment or system failures to the engineering staff in a timely manner
• Learn and work within ILM coding standards and provide proper documentation for any tools created
• Provide training and assistance to new coworkers on toolsets and workflows
What We're Looking For
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Film Production, or equivalent degree
• 3 years relevant work experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact with diverse personalities
• Familiarity with film and video post-production and/or computer graphics techniques highly desired
• Strong time management skills; Ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Aesthetic eye and/or artistic background highly desired
• Proven ability to work autonomously and in team settings
• Highly motivated
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Ability to adapt to a high pressure, fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Ability to work shift hours as required
• High technical quality control
• A strong work ethic with dedicated and high customer service
• Proven competency with Mac, Linux, & Windows operating systems
• Strong scripting language (e.g. Python, Perl) and programming language (e.g. C/C , Java) is a must
• Knowledge of, and experience with, 3D animation software (e.g. Maya) highly desired
• Database knowledge preferred (e.g. Oracle, Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra)
• Knowledge of networking, tape backup systems, hardware a plus
• Experience with Maya, Katana and Nuke a plus
• VFX, Feature Animation, or Episodic production experience a plus
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.