Senior Network Engineer
Lucasfilm EntertainmentSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Network Engineer (SF or LA)
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
We are looking for a Sr. Network Engineer who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
This person will be responsible for the installation, maintenance, upgrades and support of all network hardware, wireless systems, firewalls, load balancers, VPN systems and all related equipment and services throughout the Lucasfilm and ILM facilities, domestic and international. They will be active in both development projects and service support.
Developing and maintaining the core design and operations of network services is a core responsibility, along with ensuring the smooth and efficient deployment and execution of network services for use throughout our incredibly talented employee base.
As well as drawing on traditional IT techniques, the team takes advantage of modern DevOps approaches to ensure the availability of services that provide the core foundation of IT that are essential for the smooth operation of our multi-site, award-winning film production and visual effects companies.
What you’ll do
• Diagnose and repair networks and problems associated with switches/routers and hosts providing network services.
• Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose advanced network problems.
• Maintenance and software upgrades of network equipment.
• Monitor the ticketing queues and take ownership of issues needing resolution.
• Produce detailed implementation instructions or carry out required changes to complete tasks/projects, resolve incidents/problems, and for changes/improvements requested by management and the architecture teams.
• Write functional requirements/specifications documents and update/maintain all documentation requested by management
• Monitor network logs, alerts and activities to ensure high levels of on-line performance and reliability are obtained within the client/server environment.
• Participate in and perform escalations and triage to resolve service interruptions.
• Participate and respond to after-hours on-call rotations
What we’re looking for
• B.S. degree in computer science and/or equivalent experience in an enterprise IT environment.
• Minimum of 4 years prior experience in network and communications systems
• Knowledge of routers, firewalls, switches and related network and security equipment and appliances in a multiprotocol environment, including but not limited to: Juniper, Ruckus, Palo Alto Networks, Fortinet, A10, Arista, Aruba, Pulse Secure
• Have knowledge of OSPF, BGP & VRF routing concepts.
• Knowledge of WiFi technologies and security
• Familiar with Fabric Path technologies, MPLS, VxLAN, IP/ARP/MAC/Spanning-tree issues and configurations.
• Able to troubleshoot VLAN and physical connectivity for servers and other devices, troubleshooting access-list, NAT issues.
• Have knowledge of TCP/IP protocols, flags and be able to troubleshoot connectivity issues using wireshark, tcpdump, snoop, iperf.
• Familiar with Windows, Mac and Linux OS clients including the ability to troubleshoot network configuration and performance issues for those
• Experience with scripting and automation in Python, Powershell, bash or other language
• Ability to learn new applications and systems on the job is required.
• Willingness to take on tasks beyond job scope.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to work well with others including both technical and non-technical users required.
• Energetic, self-motivated with the ability to efficiently multitask in an organized manner in a fast-paced environment with many demands and priorities required.
• Up to 8 hour /day on a computer.
• Lift up to 50 lbs.
• Travel to other campuses as needed.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.