Senior Crowd Technical Director
Lucasfilm EntertainmentLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
The main focus of the position will be to create crowd simulations for our CG scenes, using either off the shelf or our own proprietary software to populate cities, large-scale environments and choreograph battles.
What you’ll do,
• Manage and organize motion for crowds
• Animation and simulations on shots or sequences
• Creating show-specific tools and setups to complement the crowd pipeline.
• Setting-up / troubleshooting crowd simulations
• Setup and run cloth simulations on Crowd
What we’re looking for:
• Advanced knowledge of Houdini Software
• Proven experience working on high-end VFX feature-film productions.
• Strong crowd and layout skills including asset integration, scene setup, and running simulations
• Experience working with motion capture and/or clip-based animation
• Experience working with cloth simulations and Vellum
• Strong working knowledge of Maya
• Proficiency with Linux
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines whilst maintaining high-quality output.
• Working knowledge of Python and VEX
• Understanding of ‘Maya-to-Houdini workflow
• Keen eye for how crowds flock and move / behavioral observations
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
• • •
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.