Senior Creature Technical Directorsingapore, Singapore
Lucasfilm EntertainmentSingapore , SG
Full Time Job
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Senior Creature TDs are responsible for rigging and enveloping hero to background creatures, vehicles and props in Maya as well as setting up and running flesh-surface, hair, and cloth simulations. Able to wrangle rigging and creature pipeline issues proficiently under the direction and guidance of their supervisors.
• Advanced hero-creature rigging and enveloping in Maya.
• Set up and run Maya cloth, hair, muscle simulations.
• Wrangle creature rigging issues for artists in other disciplines.
• Mentor entry level artists.
• Run flesh-volume simulations.
• Script utilities/tools/plug-ins in various software packages.
• Create dynamic simulations in packages such as Maya/XSI.
• Wrangle creature pipeline issues for artists in other disciplines, such as:
• MOCAP data re-targeting in XSI/Maya;
• Act as wrangler for a creature and/or a specific technique used across multiple creatures.
• At least 5-7 years of work experience as a Maya rigger in digital animation, visual effects, games, commercials or producing cg characters and creatures for visual media.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Computer Visualization, or Computer Animation is a plus.
• Positive attitude and a team player.
• Passion for the work.
• Good communication skills.
• Knowledge of anatomy and enveloping.
Required Technical Skills
• Sufficient knowledge of Maya rigging techniques to optimize the performance of rigs.
• Proficiency with Linux is required.
• Expertise with Maya is required.
• Experience with Python scripting.
• Feature Film experience is required.
• Demonstration of advanced rigging skills.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.