Real-Time Lighting Artist
Lucasfilm EntertainmentVancouver, BC
This was removed by the employer on 5/6/2021 3:51:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Real-Time Lighting Artist jobs in Vancouver-BC
Search all Real-Time Lighting Artist postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Real-Time Lighting Artist? Real-Time Lighting Artist - Expression Of Interest, Bc
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
Lighting TDs can independently light, render, and do moderate-level compositing of very complex shots. We are seeking Lighting Artists who can not only produce high quality shots on post-production VFX shots, but also apply real-time rendering concepts to produce virtual production content for our StageCraft LED Volumes.
This fusion of high-end graphics and immersive storytelling means creating unparalleled scenes that raise the bar for film-making. We continue to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We are looking for talented and driven technologists, artists and designers to join our collaborative, creative, and highly technical work environment.
Have a look at the description below. If it sounds like you, please apply!
• Work with VFX Supervisors, Show Leadership and Concept Artwork to design lighting setups for environments, characters and interactive assets.
• Work with the Stage team to deliver the finaled load to the designated StageCraft shot, sent directly to the operators on-set.
• Utilize dynamic lighting tools, real-time raytracing, image based lighting, 3d color-adjustment tools, light baking strategies, participating media, and real-time rendering, on a daily basis.
• Work with environment, character and VFX artists in the lighting design to achieve the desired targets for aesthetics and performance through material shader and geometry work.
• Actively participate in improving workflows, optimizations, and best practices.
• Identify, triage, and fix bugs as required, working with engineering and relevant departments.
• Take final content to a high degree of polish and optimization.
• 5 years experience as a lighting TD/artist - in 3D game development or Animation/VFX Film studio.
• Strong aesthetic sense for lighting and color theory.
• Strong technical understanding of current real-time lighting tool sets including atmospheric effects, post processing, color grading and HDR IBL workflows.
• Collaborative mindset, can take direction, and know what looks good and why.
• Experience with Unreal/Unity or equivalent real-time platform: dynamic and baked lighting workflows and physically-based rendering.
• Shaders: in-depth knowledge of real-time shader implementations and limitations.
• Fluency in working in Linux.
• Excellent communication, organization and problem-solving skills, and self-motivated.
• A portfolio / reel submission - including a detailed breakdown of your work in each section - is required with all applications.
• Strong traditional art, photography or film studies background.
• Experience in multiple VFX pipeline departments with a wide range of CG skills.
• Proficient with profiling tools in the examination & diagnosis of performance issues related to lighting.
• Experience with one or more of the following: Maya, Unity, Unreal, Substance Designer / Painter, Zbrush or Mudbox, Houdini, Mari, 3D StudioMax, Photoshop, Nuke, Zeno.
• Interest and capacity to work with proprietary tool sets.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.