Publicist - Expression Of Interest
Lucasfilm EntertainmentSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
We are looking for a Publicist who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
As a key member of the ILM and Skywalker Sound public relations team, the Publicist is responsible for executing ILM and Skywalker Sound’s public relations strategy.
What you’ll do
• In Partnership with the Director of PR and Communications, responsible for developing and executing comprehensive and strategic publicity vision and plan that builds on the ILM and Skywalker brands and highlights company’s capabilities.
• Partner with ILM and Skywalker Sound executives and their teams to further PR efforts globally.
• Propose ideas and plans for publicity campaigns; write press releases, biographies, fact sheets, executive quotes and related communications.
• Execute the ILM publicity campaigns for an average of 10 - 15 films a year in conjunction with client publicity teams.
• Execute the Skywalker Sound publicity campaigns for an average of 15 films a year.
• Execute award campaigns including AMPAS, BAFTA and VES Awards, CAS, MPSE’s, and Sundance Labs
• Develop, maintain, and support strong relationships with industry press, industry representatives, vendors, and studios.
• Pitch stories and cultivate key press relations.
• Coordinate ILM third party partner PR requests with client PR teams.
• Identify and develop industry event participation and speaking opportunities.
• Manage participation at industry events including SIGGRAPH, VIEW conference, and FMX.
• Participates as a key member of the Lucasfilm Speakers Series program team.
• Monitor industry developments and benchmark the ongoing achievements of Lucasfilm companies against peers.
• Leads tours to press, clients and guests.
• Partner with Lucasfilm publicity and Disney publicity on global company initiatives.
• Develop corporate communications plans that align within the overall Lucasfilm communications initiatives.
• Ability to travel for location work, client meetings and industry events.
• Ability to work weekend and overtime, depending on show schedules.
• Performs special projects as needed on an ongoing basis
What we’re looking for
• B.A. degree in English, communications or related field
• Minimum four (4) years related experience in publicity within the film/entertainment industry.
• Excellent media relationships with the entertainment industry.
• Proven track record of developing PR plans.
• Strong writing background and ability to provide writing samples
• Excellent communication skills with emphasis on diplomacy a must.
• Familiarity with the entertainment industry
• Experience pitching news stories to print, broadcast and online media
• Proficiency in Windows, Mac, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote, Google Apps.
• Must have a specific understanding of visual effects techniques, scheduling and throughput
• Understanding of ILM production processes a plus
• Must possess very strong organizational and communication skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines.
• Ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations effectively and professionally
• Ability to multi-task
• Strong self-directed work ethic
• Proven ability to work efficiently, effectively as part of a team, and independently where assigned
• Proven ability to think critically and anticipate potential situations
• Proven ability to interact effectively within department, across and outside the organization.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Skywalker Sound:
The pulsating hum of a lightsaber. The thunderous footsteps of a stalking Tyrannosaurus Rex. The awesome roar of Star-Lord's Milano. For more than a generation, Skywalker Sound has created soundscapes that have redefined aural immersion. With origins based in Ben Burtt's landmark work on 1977's Star Wars, Skywalker Sound specializes in sound design, mixing, and audio post-production across multiple mediums. From the gathering of real-life, organic sounds to developing new techniques in sound presentation, Skywalker Sound remains one of the world's most innovative facilities - eager to explore, create, and venture into the unknown.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Skywalker Sound.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.