Project Manager, Systems Technology
Lucasfilm EntertainmentSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
We are looking for a Project Manager for IT Systems Technology who reflects the innovative spirit, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
The Project Manager for IT Systems Technology provides Portfolio and Program management for the Systems Engineering group and IT Operations as a whole. Partnering closely with all IT managers, project managers and leads, they will establish an overall portfolio / program of IT projects for ILM and will also manage their own project requirements, plans and schedules. The IT Project Manager will provide consistent reporting to all groups regarding the status of IT tasks/projects across the portfolio on an ongoing basis and they will ensure completion of projects through resource planning, coordination and issue tracking and resolution.
What you’ll do
• Manage a portfolio of IT team projects from a Program Management standpoint. This includes working with other Managers and Project Managers to include their status, deliverables, milestones as well as managing your own set of projects.
• Manage the Prioritization/Greenlight process for new IT projects including approval, resourcing and graduation into the official portfolio of Systems projects. Partner with IT Managers, Leads, to set priorities, allocate resources, and track projects from design through to implementation.
• Work with the Director, Technology Ops & Proj Mgmt and the VP, Technology to either ensure team alignment with global company goals or advocate for strategic adjustments.
• Foster global collaboration and communication across Systems, Software and Production teams.
• Ensure completion of projects through resource planning, coordination, troubleshooting and removal of any obstacles preventing project success.
• Establish and maintain project plans, hold status meetings. Maintain, update, and publish an ongoing issues list.
• Forecast and subsequently manage ongoing project budgets.
• Evaluate and streamline the process of each project implementation: facilitate Post-Mortem meetings and incorporate the lessons learned into future project management endeavors.
• Ensure support plans and handover is performed prior to releasing new technologies into production.
What we’re looking for
• 5 years project management experience, preferably technical with portfolio or program management responsibilities
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Strong organizational and project management skills. Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of management, including peer-to-peer collaboration.
• Proven ability to ensure completion of objectives and assignments.
• Strong leadership skills. Experience with financial forecasting, and cost-benefit analysis
• Ability to establish priorities and multi-task efficiently, work with diverse personalities, and work within a high pressure environment while meeting strict deadlines.
• Ability to problem-solve in a high-paced creative environment which requires constraint, adaptability, and flexibility.
• Exceptional team player, able to collaborate closely across multiple departments and business units with all individuals while demonstrating skills in diplomacy, flexibility, and patience.
• Experience in Film/Entertainment/Games production environment is a plus.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.