Project Coordinator, Technology
Lucasfilm EntertainmentSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
We are looking for a Project Coordinator based in our San Francisco OR Vancouver studio to assist the Technology teams across our five global studios.
We need people who have:
• A passion for VFX Technology
• A strong desire to lend order to chaos
• A knack for simplifying complex processes
• A love of getting your “hands dirty” to get things done
What You’ll Do
• Work with PMs to learn where there are holes in understanding product requirements and priorities for all Engineering teams and assist in the process of gathering and prioritizing project requirements in collaboration with leadership and team members where needed
• Assist Head of CG in managing the Show/Tech lifecycle including Show kickoffs with Technology, Show/Eng prioritization during each show as well as the Show Wrap process and organizing next steps around new tools developed during the show
• Manage our show Technology triage process working with Project Managers and Team Leads
• Manage our Credits process for Technology credits on shows
• Develop strong cross-functional relationships within Tech and Production which enable the group to look forward and plan interdepartmental tasks without friction
• Coordinate project progress on at least one project at a time under the mentorship of a Project Manager through effective meetings, use of Jira and coordination with technology leadership
What We’re Looking For
• You have 2 years of project or production coordination experience in VFX production, gaming or software development or similar experience to prepare you for the job
• You have exceptional verbal and written communication skills and can get ideas across in a clear and concise manner
• You have knowledge of project management methodologies and tools, ideally including knowledge of Agile software development frameworks
• An intuitive understanding of the demands of a fast-paced, creatively-driven visual effects production environment
• A readiness to trust others, be trustworthy, and play nice
• An ability to express yourself concisely, a willingness to speak up, and a conviction to keep everyone informed of progress and issues
• An ability to listen intently and react accordingly to engineer and artist needs
• An insightful and analytical thinker, and a creative problem solver
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.