Lucasfilm EntertainmentSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Production Manager (Shotgrid) San Francisco, CA
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
The Production Manager (Shotgrid) will be the primary point of contact for Lucasfilm VFX, ILMxLAB, and StageCraft users with regard to Shotgrid (f.k.a. Shotgun) implementation for those workflows. The PM will act as the single point of contact to production for those user bases regarding requirements, schedule and targets for Shotgrid customization, configuration and implementation, prioritization, and working with the Engineering team, Technology Project Manager, and the overall ILM Shotgrid Production Manager to implement changes according to the priorities they set.
What You’ll Do
Scheduling & Configuration Management:
• Work with Technology Project Manager and overall Shotgrid Production Manager to create and help maintain the project schedule, including department rollouts for Lucasfilm VFX, StageCraft, and ILMxLAB
• In close partnership with the overall ILM Shotgrid Production Manager, this Production Manager will negotiate priorities for implementation for Lucasfilm VFX, xLAB, and StageCraft users
• Configure, manage and maintain Shotgrid production tracking system for the global LFL VFX, StageCraft, and xLAB teams
• Negotiate and help drive the schedule for product requirements with LFL VFX, StageCraft, and xLAB stakeholders, working with the project Tech PM
• Organize and run prioritization / suggested scheduling meetings with Stakeholders to drive roadmap
• Create all project requirements/stories in Jira, communicate priority and facilitate understanding with Tech PM for scoping and implementation
• Working with Tech PM, upload timelines and roadmaps into Smartsheet and Jira
• Communicate overall targets, priorities and any changes to entire team and stakeholders
• Strategize, schedule and negotiate any schedule changes and rebalancing directly with LFL VFX, StageCraft and xLAB, Overall Shotgrid Production Manager, and Tech PM
• Work with Tech PM to ensure all tasks are clearly understood, the scope is clear and the requirements are clear so that the developers keep the work on track and deliver the right solution
• Anticipate and communicate issues with potential solutions or dependencies
• Manage all stakeholder communication between other ILM sites and with productions
• Establish internal communication hierarchies, systems/templates for targets and priorities- ensures full buy in and consistency with all Stakeholders
• Act as liaison with Shotgrid/Autodesk as needed
Production Stakeholder Communication:
• Primary point of contact for LFL VFX, xLAB, and StageCraft users with regard to Shotgrid
• Act as point of contact to production regarding requirements, schedule and targets
• Update weekly production synopsis for all work in progress where required
• Communicate weekly or more regularly, as necessary, show progress report to entire team
What We’re Looking For
• Bachelor’s degree in Film or related field or equivalent work experience required
• 5 years minimum work experience in production to include strong working knowledge of Visual Effects techniques and terminology
• Experience working with and implementing Shotgrid
• Strong scheduling experience required
• Must possess very strong organizational and communication skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines
• Proficiency in Macs/PCs, including Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of UNIX required. Familiarity with Google Suite
• Ability to work on a computer/keyboard for long periods of time
• Experience on set with physical production workflows is a plus
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.
• • •
The pioneering spirit that inspired storytellers and technical artists to improvise, innovate and imagine a galaxy far, far away is built into the DNA of ILMxLAB – the new laboratory for immersive entertainment. The combined talents of Lucasfilm, Industrial Light & Magic and Skywalker Sound are reinventing the way stories are told and experienced, connecting artists with their audiences like never before.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call ILMxLAB.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.