Lucasfilm EntertainmentLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 12/7/2020 2:52:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Production Manager jobs in London-UK
Search all Production Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Production Manager? Job Summary:
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Production Managers work in collaboration with a VFX Producer on a project. The Production Manager functions as the Producer’s “right hand”, stepping up to support Producer duties as required and keeping a direct line of communication with the VFX Producer (and/or the Executive Producer) on all aspects of the show. The Production Manager reports to the VFX Show Producer on a daily basis for show specific tasks.
• Under direction of VFX Producer, collaborate with CG Production managers on day-to-day crew needs as required.
• In collaboration with Producer and Supervisors, create overall show asset and shot schedule across all disciplines capitalising on internal resources and external vendors, using ILM’s best practices for scheduling. Oversee implementation of schedule by guiding and directing coordinators, Supervisors and leads as needed.
• In collaboration with Producer, manage the production crew on a daily basis including directing Coordinators and Production Assistants to ensure all show needs are met.
• Provide support as liaison with vendors for technical and creative issues that arise to ensure work stays on schedule and optimal workflow is adhered to.
• Evaluate and learn individual artist strengths; help develop cross utilization of resources to promote an effective workflow.
• Act as default leader when Producer is out of office or otherwise engaged.
• Run bid meetings as needed. Budgeting may or may not be required, and would be left to the discretion of the Producer. In partnership with Producer, check EFC to make sure work is on budget.
• With input from Supervisors and VFX Producer, proactively identify and plan for work to be outsourced, when applicable. Help identify vendors appropriate for body of work. Prepare vendor bidding packages, contribute to vendor cost analysis and weekly cost reporting as needed.
• Proactively problem-solve and raise concerns in all aspects of vendor relations.
• Manage client contact when Producer is absent or unavailable
• Travel for client meetings and/or plate shoots as needed
• Work on the same schedule as first or second unit production as needed
• Special projects as requested
• Bachelor's degree in Film or related field or equivalent work experience required.
• Proven professional work experience in production to include strong working knowledge of Visual Effects techniques and terminology.
• Proficiency in Macs/PCs including Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Working knowledge of Linux a plus
• Strong scheduling experience required
• Must possess very strong organisational and communication skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.