Production Financial Analyst
Lucasfilm EntertainmentSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Production Financial Analyst (StageCraft) San Francisco, CA
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
We are looking for a Production Financial Analyst who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
The ideal Production Financial Analyst is a resourceful and hands-on team player who is responsible for the handling of complex production finance work for specific project(s) using a combination of detailed accounting and financial planning strategies. They will provide both general and specialized analysis support, while working with discretion as to the work details on assignments that cover a variety of projects. The Production Financial Analyst also works closely with VFX Producers, production staff, and other departments including general accounting, legal, and FP&A.
What you’ll do
• Assist Producers in managing all financial aspects of StageCraft Projects:
• Budgets and Estimated Final Cost (EFC) Reports.
• Weekly status reports for the VFX Producer and Executive Management.
• Prepare weekly billings for re-billable costs as required.
• Review weekly detail reports for accuracy and makes reclassification as required.
• Prepare multi project “portfolio” reporting for Executive Management.
• Participate in designing the production/finance workflow for StageCraf.t
• Work with legal to assure contracts are in place and contractual terms are followed.
• Provide show information needed for facility forecasting and planning.
• Prepare cost analyses and other special reports as needed.
• Work on non-StageCraft projects as needed, including partnering with other ILM facilities in developing budgets, EFC, and weekly status reports.
• Prepare scenario-planning and cost projections, including estimating various regional tax incentives.
• Work with external production manager to integrate remote facility and outside vendor documentation.
• Handle other responsibilities to support the facility as a whole as assigned.
What we’re looking for
• 6-8 years of professional experience or more years experience in...
• A Bachelor's Degree in [Finance] or related or you have gained that experience by working in our industry. Having a CPA or MBA is strongly encouraged
• 3 years feature (or entertainment/advertising industries) production finance accounting experience in a multi-currency environment.
• A deep understanding of accounting principles
• Expert proficiency in Excel.
• Experience with IT applications such as Oracle (Oracle Projects.) TM1 experience a plus.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks within a high-pressure environment while meeting strict deadlines. Focused on continuing improvements to the organization in striving for excellence.
• Must be flexible, adaptable to working in a creatively driven environment. Handles challenging issues with diplomacy. Able to facilitate cross-functional problem-solving.
• Strategic business partnering approach. Open and direct communication style, good listening skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Highly motivated, seasoned, and self-assured.
• A well-developed sense of humor, which helps to bring perspective and energy to the team.
• An understanding of the Visual Effects production process is a plus, but not required
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.