Lucasfilm EntertainmentSingapore, SG
Full Time Job
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
The Production Coordinator provides general show support to the Production Manager, VFX, and CG Supervisors to help ensure show leadership team is able to operate in an organized and efficient manner. His/Her primary emphasis is on scheduling, communication and coordination on behalf of the show leadership team.
• Proactively establish communication channels and processes with key point-persons in ILM on the outset of new projects.
• Schedule, track, and manage assigned work. Ensure work is on schedule for each department and is meeting internal and external deadlines.
• Assign artists to shots/work to ensure overall production schedule is being met.
• Understand skill set of artists group and schedule tasks effectively for optimal utilization of resources.
• Serve as key communication liaison between all parties relevant to your work. Provide updates, priorities, reschedules, and status of all shots.
• Facilitate effective communication between the ILM SG and ILM groups. Advocate for ILM SG and follow up on outstanding issues with ILM to ensure work can move forward on schedule whenever possible.
• Generate & distribute weekly updates for leadership on production logistics as requested.
• Proactively anticipate and communicate issues to ILM SG and ILM leadership team(s) to reach solutions in a timely manner.
• Track information using ILM standard Production Tracking System in a manner exemplifying facility-wide best practices.
• Supervise, mentor and train junior staff and assigned Production Assistant(s) and/or Intern(s) as needed.
• Provide input for annual artist performance reviews.
• If assigned to do so, act as primary point person for organizing dailies/shot reviews throughout the day on behalf of the Key Creatives. Take notes regarding feedback and decisions made and enter any required information into the system so as to provide updates to all others impacted.
• Reserve equipment and resources as needed.
• Three years of VFX production and coordination experience in established VFX facility(s)
• Experience working on shows with large production and artist teams, and of high complexity with shotcount of at least 500
• Strong practical scheduling experience
/ Technical Competencies
• Good team player
• Good leadership qualities
• Able to adapt and learn new methods and tools related to production
• Great situation awareness and adaptability to changes
• Good relationship building/management skills and able to remain personable and calm under pressure
• Able to communicate clearly, effectively and accurately across all levels
• Possess excellent organizational and time management skills
• Able to show initiatives and resourcefulness and creative problem-solving skills
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.