Lucasfilm EntertainmentLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 12/4/2020 2:52:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Production Assistant jobs in London-UK
Search all Production Assistant postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Production Assistant? Job Summary:
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Position Summary / Job Purpose
This entry-level position provides administrative and backup support to the Production Team while providing an opportunity to learn about the VFX production environment and process at ILM.
• Support the Production team in day-to-day activities, assist in production errands and tasks, and be the go-to for general needs to the entire crew.
• Technical Assistance: Will need some technical ability and knowledge required to run Linux, Windows, and Mac-based programs for reviews with crew (dailies), clients, external vendors, and various meetings.
• Conference room setup and troubleshooting, Viewstation setup and troubleshooting, basic technical troubleshooting (running generic scripts to resolve issues).
• Manage cc lists for mail aliases, reviews, shot notifications, tools updates, etc.
• Meeting Setup: PA will be responsible for notifying crew of all meeting/review times and locations (and making sure they attend), prepping the review playlists, and possibly taking notes. Act as assistant to the CG Coordinators/Managers to help follow up on items after various meetings.
• Internal Tracking Database: Will assist CG Coordinators in making sure internal tracking tools are up to date.
• Shipping and receiving (digital & hard copies): Responsible for delivering and receiving all files shared between clients, other ILM locations, external vendors, and internal crew at various locations. Keep a meticulous account of all files transferred.
• Schedule and Shot Tracking: Assist the Production Coordinators and Managers in making sure the digital and physical schedules are up to date and all vfx elements are accounted for.
• Data Management: Responsible for ensuring the receipt and sends of data across ILM facilities and to outsource vendors (when applicable) to ensure smooth show workflow
• Show Schedule: Responsible for overall show calendar and keeping production and supervisor aware of and present for what’s happening on a daily basis (dailies, meetings, client reviews, etc)
• Contact Information: Maintain internal crew and client contact information, all internal email aliases for the show, and show webpage.
• Conceive, order, and set up of thematic crew parties and regular crew events, as needed.
• Shipping and receiving: Prep, ship, receive, store and keep a detailed account of all models, props, media drives and other digital and practical show data shared between various contacts.
• Office maintenance: Organize the production office, order office supplies, keep the printer supplied with paper, expense reports, organizing travel, etc.
• Organize and maintain the digital reference repository (digital artwork, movies, etc). Also print physical copies of any reference when needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in film production or equivalent preferred.
• Previous experience within a VFX or similar digital production facility a big plus.
• Computer literacy; word processing and spreadsheet experience helpful.
• Ability to work on a computer/keyboard for long periods of time
• Ability to work extended hours as and when required
• Ability to travel as needed
• Must have the ability to juggle multiple projects, work with diverse personalities and work within strict deadlines.
• Attention to detail, follow through and strong communication skills.
• 75% of work is on the computer
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.