Lucasfilm EntertainmentLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 12/4/2020 2:52:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Production Assistant jobs in London-UK
Search all Production Assistant postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Production Assistant? Job Summary:
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
This entry-level position provides administrative and backup assistance to the production team while providing an opportunity to learn about the production environment and process at ILM.
A passion for film and TV VFX creation and the ability to organize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment will be key attributes as a Production Assistant.
• Assist the Production team in day to day activities, assist in production errands and tasks, and be the go-to for general needs to the entire crew.
• Technical Assistance: Will need some technical ability and knowledge required to run Linux, Windows, and Mac-based programs for reviews with the crew (dailies), clients, external vendors, and various meetings.
• Conference room / virtual meeting set-up and troubleshooting.
• Manage cc lists for reviews, shot notifications, tools updates, etc.
• Meeting Setup: PA will notify the crew of all meeting/review times and locations (and making sure they attend), prepping the review playlists, and possibly taking notes.
• Act as assistant to the CG Coordinators/Managers to help follow up on items after various meetings.
• Internal Tracking Database: Will assist CG Coordinators in making sure internal tracking tools are up to date.
• Schedule and Shot Tracking: Assist the Production Coordinators and Managers in making sure the physical schedule boards are up to date and all VFX elements are accounted for (matching the Internal Tracking Database).
• Show Schedule: Oversees overall show calendar, keeping everyone on the same page of what’s happening on a daily basis (dailies, meetings, client reviews, etc)
• Contact Information: Maintain internal crew and client contact information, all internal email aliases for the show, and show webpage.
• As part of the Production Team, assist with organizing and set up of thematic crew parties and ergo breaks as and when needed.
• Shipping and receiving (digital): Oversee the delivering and receiving all files used between clients, external vendors, and internal crew at various locations. Keep a meticulous account of all files transferred.
• Shipping and receiving (practical): Actively prep, ship, receive and keep a detailed account of all models, props, and media drives shared between various contacts.
• Office maintenance: Organize the production office, order office supplies, keep the printer supplied with paper, expense reports, organizing travel, etc.
• Driven to organize and maintain the digital reference repository (digital artwork, movies, etc). Also, print physical copies of any reference when needed.
• Previous experience in an organizational role a big plus.
• Computer literacy; word processing and spreadsheet experience helpful.
• Ability to work on a computer/keyboard for long periods of time
• Ability to travel as needed.
• Must have the ability to juggle multiple projects, work with diverse personalities and work within strict deadlines.
• Attention to detail, follow-through and strong communication skills.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.