Production Assistant V, Bc
Lucasfilm EntertainmentAncouver, BC
Full Time Job
Production Assistant (Feature Animation & VFX) Vancouver, BC
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
The Industrial Light & Magic, Ltd, Vancouver, Production Assistant is an entry-level position that provides administrative and backup support to the production team while providing an opportunity to learn about the production environment and process at ILM. They can be temporary positions but may evolve into longer term roles.
What You'll Do
• Assists and supports the Producer, Production Manager and Production Coordinators in day to day activities, general production errands and tasks on assigned projects.
• Runs dailies sessions, notifies crew of dailies time and location. Arrives prior to the crew, pulls shots up for Dailies from the server, tracks down and contacts Artists to ensure they are present and on time. Acts as assistant to the Production Coordinator to help follow up on items after dailies.
• Assist Entering Client and/or Dailies Notes into Shotgun.
• Maintain crew lists and current information for Production web page.
• Speederbike & Deliver - uploads/downloads of client media running deliver & sends for client reviews.
• Creates, updates and maintains VFX show calendar including dailies, meetings, ergos, etc.
• Food, Meals, and Craft Service: Shop, deliver, and maintain supply of snack foods and drinks for crew of 25-50. Responsible for the ordering, delivery, and clean up of meals as needed. Also tasked with conceiving, ordering, delivery and set up of thematic crew parties and ergo breaks as needed. On a rotation with the entire PA team to manage orders, reception, distribution and clean-up of overtime (OT) meals to crew working late and weekends.
• Shipping and receiving: Includes miscellaneous production correspondence; shipping and tracking video and other of items to and from ILM; and maintenance of complete shipping log for tracking and archival purposes.
• Maintains and distributes storyboard shot boards updates to appropriate personnel, inputs notes, and assignees into database. Maintains updated storyboard shot boards printouts on walls and schedules.
• Maintain and order supplies in production office, handle administrative tasks such as scheduling meeting rooms, screening rooms, contacting personnel for meetings.
• Collects, manages petty cash, receipts as well as expense reports, works with VFX Production Accountant to keep expenses updated.
What We're Looking For
• Bachelor's degree in film production or equivalent preferred.
• Must have the ability to juggle multiple projects, work with diverse personalities and work within strict deadlines.
• Hungry to learn the ropes of VFX production.
• Tech savvy.
• Team player with a positive attitude.
• Nice to have:
• technical knowledge and ability in Linux and Windows to run programs for dailies and other meetings.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.
• • •
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Industrial Light & Magic, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Industrial Light & Magic is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.