Production Assistant, Australia
Lucasfilm EntertainmentSydney, NS
This was removed by the employer on 11/1/2020 5:51:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Production Assistant, Australia jobs in Sydney-NS
Search all Production Assistant, Australia postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Production Assistant, Australia? Job Summary:
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
ILM opened its Sydney studio in July 2019. The youngest of all of the ILM studios, the Sydney studio leverages the expertise and technological know-how developed over 40 years at Industrial Light & Magic combined with the top artists and technicians in the region. Knowledge and culture flow freely between the company’s five studios and the global team shares tools and workflow allowing for seamless collaboration on all shared projects.
As we grow ILM Sydney, we are looking for a Production Assistant who reflects the production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
The Production Assistant is responsible for supporting the project production team on a daily basis with a wide range of duties, with the goal of a project team that functions smoothly and efficiently. It is a great opportunity to work and learn from the within the core of a production team.
• Set up show meetings both physical and virtual, ensuring all project meetings run smoothly and conflicts are resolved
• Prepare and maintain the dailies playlist, including all internal communication
• Assist with creating playlists, presenting screens, and general preparation for meetings
• Be the point person for project I/O needs including mirroring files, receiving and sending files to client and other sites
• Assist the production team in keeping track of project crew’s working week, including availability, sick days and holidays
• Maintain the show crew list, and email aliases
• Send welcome emails to new crew, assist production manager with starters/leavers email
• General crew support - including arranging meals, events and travel
• Assist facilities with general office maintenance duties
• Enthusiasm, excellent communication skills and attention to detail while working under pressure
• You probably have 1 or more years experience in a fast paced work environment and are great at juggling multiple responsibilities as well as good computer skills, particularly excel.
• Problem solving ability and a proactive approach to all situations - combined with a good sense of humor
• You have a Bachelor's Degree in Film, Art, Communications or related or you have gained that experience by working in our industry.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.