Producer - Expression Of Interest
Lucasfilm EntertainmentSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
The Producer partners with the Visual Effects Supervisor and Animation Director to lead the crew in fulfilling the Director's vision -- on time and on budget, while maintaining highest quality of work. Primary responsibility is budget and schedule, in collaboration with the Client and ILM Management; and for managing overall Client relationship.
• Meet with clients to review scripts, breakdowns and storyboards for a specific project.
• Partner with Key Creatives to develop the approach for creating the effects work and provide clients with estimates of budget & schedule requirements needed to complete the work.
• Prepare bid letter, key dates schedule, and assumptions for the work of a specific project.
• During production, serve as principal client contact for non-creative issues, tracking and reporting progress of work, budgeting and negotiating cost of work, and delivering cost/schedule changes to ensure client is updated as needed.
• Create, organize, and maintain overall project schedule.
• Manage crew performance. Supervise assigned production staff.
• Estimate project budgets and initiate cost controls for each production.
• Evaluate EFC and work with production accountants to provide management with early, consistent, and accurate EFC reporting.
• Participate and oversee work on-set as required.
• Play a proactive key role in marketing ILM's services to the industry.
• Share responsibility for the success of the entire ILM portfolio by proactively managing schedule; utilizing ILM’s global resources and 3rd party partners, where appropriate.
• The role will likely require weekend work depending on show schedules
• The role may also require:
• Travel for client meetings and/or plate shoot
• Work on the same schedule as first or second unit production
• Bachelor's degree in Film or related field or equivalent work experience required.
• Five years work experience in production management to include strong working knowledge of Visual Effects techniques and terminology.
• Proficiency in Macs/PCs including Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Must possess very strong organizational and communication skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
• • •
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.