Previs Animator, Bc
Lucasfilm EntertainmentVancouver, BC
This was removed by the employer on 1/6/2022 4:49:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Previs Animator, Bc jobs in Vancouver-BC
Search all Previs Animator, Bc postings
Full Time Job
Previs Animator (Feature Animation & VFX) Vancouver, BC
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Previs Animators collaborate closely with the Previs Supervisor and VFX Supervisor to design and create shots and sequences ensuring the Director and Clients vision are met through dynamic camera movement, animation, composition, staging, lighting and editing.
What You’ll Do
• Responsible for the following areas:
• Animation Layout: Designing and animating shots over an entire sequence.
• Lighting Rendering: Preparation of low tech, fast render aesthetic solutions.
• Editing: Compiling of sequences sound design within Adobe Premiere.
• Troubleshoot assets and shots, continually looking for and suggesting improvements to increase overall efficiency and productivity
• Maintains or exceeds consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work
• Capable of switching between quality levels of anim from rough blocking & staging to higher polish if and when necessary
• Comfortable communicating and collaborating with other departments across ILM
• Demonstrate flexibility with iterative process
• Take initiative to acquire new skills and think outside of the box
What We’re Looking For
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree in Computer Science, computer visualization, or computer animation required.
• 3 years of experience in visual effects and/or feature animation film
• Proficiency with Linux and Maya
• Advanced problem solving skills
• Experience in animation, previs and/or layout
• A reel demonstrating strong creative and technical ability in photo-realistic 3D with a focus on animation or previs
• Strong sense of composition, animation, blocking, camera movement and cinematic terminology
• Nice to have:
• Basic knowledge of Nuke, Mari, Arnold, V-Ray, Zbrush and Photoshop
• Experience in modeling, rigging, texturing and lighting
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.
• • •
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.