Motion Capture Technical Director
Lucasfilm EntertainmentVancouver, BC
This was removed by the employer on 1/6/2022 4:49:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Motion Capture Technical Director jobs in Vancouver-BC
Search all Motion Capture Technical Director postings
Full Time Job
Motion Capture Technical Director (StageCraft)
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Under the direction of the StageCraft Motion Capture Supervisor the Mocap TD will operate and support the motion capture system during virtual production.
What You’ll Do
• Daily operation of Vicon motion capture system in a live action shooting environment
• Daily calibration of the capture Volume
• Calibration of camera tracking objects
• Maintenance of markers, tracking objects, and mocap hardware
• Work with camera dept and stage tech to fabricate tracking objects, and reliably attach tracking object & other devices to cameras
• Assist with motion capture camera placement
• Troubleshoot Vicon data quality
• Ensure capture of all data, with slate names that are in sync with production
• Communicates with the StageCraft team on the status of the camera tracking
• Assists Mocap Lead with adjustment of mocap camera placement to ensure coverage
• Assists with camera offset and lens calibration protocols
• Routing of video signals
What We’re Looking For
• Experience working with Vicon or other motion capture system
• On-set production experience preferred
• Must be able to execute technically difficult work and maintain a productive attitude under the pressure of live-action production
• Must have knowledge of film production
• Familiarity with video hardware and signals preferred
• Must be highly computer literate with Linux and Windows Operating Systems
• Must be an excellent troubleshooter to diagnose and solve issues in complex integrated systems of computers, video recording systems, software, and other sensor-driven systems
• Familiar with a variety of the concepts, practices, and procedures used in visual effects and film production
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.
• • •
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.