Lead Layout Artist
Lucasfilm EntertainmentLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 11/19/2021 5:54:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Lead Layout Artist jobs in London-UK
Search all Lead Layout Artist postings
Full Time Job
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
The Lead Layout Artist works as a “digital camera operator” to create camera compositions and determine rough character timing to pre-visualize shots and provide a clear sense of action for the Animation, FX and Lighting departments.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Responsible for overseeing the creation of a 3D version of the story reel. Also supervises the Layout crew to execute the layout of shots.
- Works under the guidance and direction of the Digital Layout Supervisor.
- Coaches and guides the Layout teams to execute quality performance for the film.
- Guides the Layout Artists working on shots in the assigned sequence to ensure that the Digital Layout Supervisor’s direction is realized in addition to working on their own shots.
- Responsible for guiding Layout Artists in the creation of rough models and environments for pre-visualisation.
- Assist the Digital Layout Supervisor with the technical set up of their assigned sequences, troubleshoot any problems on their shots, and are responsible for continuity and flow within and between shots.
- May work as the team leader/supervisor on technical aspects of Layout.
- Provides mentoring and training as needed.
Key Peers or Relationships
• Layout Supervisor
• Key Creatives
• Previous VFX Layout and Camera Tracking experience will be essential.
• Full portfolio demonstrating high-level traditional art skills and breadth of the subject matter. Understanding of cinematic techniques, language and shot composition.
- Ability to work under pressure in addition to implementing changes based on input from multiple sources.
- Experience in Film and or TV post-production / VFX essential
- A keen eye for detail.
- Ability to work within strict deadlines.
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.
• • •
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.