Junior Matchmove / Layout Artist
Lucasfilm EntertainmentVancouver, BC
This was removed by the employer on 11/10/2020 11:54:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Junior Matchmove / Layout Artist jobs in Vancouver-BC
Search all Junior Matchmove / Layout Artist postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Junior Matchmove / Layout Artist? Job Summary:
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
The Junior Matchmove/Layout Artist is responsible for creating camera moves and rough blocking within a digital environment.
When live-action photography is involved, the Junior Layout Artist accurately recreates the set, camera moves, and actor performances to allow for seamless effects integration.
In the CG Layout process, Camera matchmoves and original CG camera moves are integrated to create the framework of each Sequence (matchmoving is the replication of the real set, camera and camera move within the computer for later use by animators and technical directors).
Often this includes manipulating both 2d and 3d elements, while maintaining accurate camera perspective. In some cases a sequence might be entirely Computer Generated with no live action background elements.
The Junior Layout Artist works as part of the larger layout team which acts as a central hub for all shot preparation to ensure continuity and camera accuracy in CG Elements.
• Troubleshoot flow of shotwork in/out of department.
• Ability to work under pressure and deadlines.
• Entry level shot work for camera tracking, character matching (matchanim), solving lens distortion, creative camera work and deformation matching of surfaces.
• Strong communication and follow through; proactive, self-sufficient individual.
• Responsible for escalation of tech issues to appropriate show or tech group.
• Understands the process of setting up a new shot.
• Understands the process of 2D tracking and solving the camera, exporting and matching them.
• At least two years of relevant VFX experience and at least a college level diploma or higher in computer graphics, fine arts, design, or photography, or related field; OR at least three years of relevant professional VFX experience in lieu of education.
• Ability to reproduce exact camera moves within a computer environment.
• Understanding of photography and the effects of different lenses on perspectives.
• Excellent problem solving skills including the ability to work under tight deadlines.
• Strong English communication skills
• Scripting knowledge (Python, Mel) a plus.
• Experience with stereoscopic camera tracking desired.
• Advanced knowledge of Linux, Maya and 3dEqualizer is required.
• A demo reel or portfolio demonstrating a strong understanding of camera tracking is required.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.