Junior Digital Paint Artist
Lucasfilm EntertainmentVancouver, BC
This was removed by the employer on 7/1/2021 5:53:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Junior Digital Paint Artist jobs in Vancouver-BC
Search all Junior Digital Paint Artist postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Junior Digital Paint Artist?
Full Time Job
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Industrial Light & Magic (Vancouver) Inc., located in Vancouver, BC, the Junior Digital Paint Artist restores background plates and creates digital articulate mattes.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Demonstrates basic ability to match colors and grain structures between multiple sources.
• Modifies and removes isolated elements for digitally composited sequences with both procedural and hand painting methods.
• Demonstrates ability to perform the fundamentals of:
• Dirt removal.
• Articulate matte creation, editing and shape management.
• Procedural removal of targets.
• Basic 2d paint tasks in Silhouette/Nuke.
• Maintains clean, efficient and well annotated scripts.
• Can perform QC checks such as A/B comparisons with last revision, plate etc.
• Proactively researches and assembles reference.
• Proactively seeks out aesthetic feedback on revisions.
• Proactively seeks technical support when challenges arise.
• Demonstrates a basic ability to problem solve and troubleshoot scene files and workflows.
• Updates shot team and production on shot progress and new element deliveries.
Reports to the CG Talent Manager and receives daily oversight and direction from the CG or Digital Paint Supervisor.
• Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Drawing, Animation or equivalent artistic background and education required.
• Minimum of 1 year production experience in computer graphics, animation or video.
• Experience with Silhouette and Nuke.
• Computer proficiency including UNIX operating system; the ability to learn software and adapt scripts.
• Must have an understanding of how their work fits into the pipeline and its effect on upstream and downstream departments.
• Must have a willingness to learn new tools, a proven ability to be detail-oriented, and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and to work efficiently within a production environment.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
• • •
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.