Junior Compositor, Bc
Lucasfilm EntertainmentVancouver, BC
This was removed by the employer on 11/4/2021 3:54:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Junior Compositor, Bc jobs in Vancouver-BC
Search all Junior Compositor, Bc postings
Full Time Job
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
The Junior Compositor will combine live action and computer generated elements into visual effects shots that realize the vision and creative direction of the client and Visual Effects Supervisor. The Junior Compositor is ultimately in charge of the aesthetic integrity and technical quality of the final image delivered to the client.
What You’ll Do
• Work specifically with software to assist in digital beauty shots and face swap
• Work with the Compositing Supervisor and Visual Effects Supervisor, and with the help of a Senior/Lead Compositor, evaluate the creative and technical approach for assigned shots
• Perform all tasks associated with the compositing process, including 2D tracking, matte extraction, layering of elements, and color grading on moderately difficult shots
• Maintain the overall look, color balance, and quality for assigned shots and sequences to create uniformity in all finished work
• Ability to work with artists from other disciplines
What We’re Looking For
• At least 2 years of relevant VFX experience and at least a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Traditional Animation; OR at least 3 years of relevant professional VFX experience
• Experience with, or interest in, digital beauty
• Proven track record of delivering high end VFX across a range of projects
• Strong understanding of the VFX workflow pace and production process
• Experience with Nuke
• Good aesthetic skills in judging photo-realism and color
• Good sense of composition, color and design
• Ideal candidate has fine arts foundation skills, such as photography and photographic lighting
• Familiarity with using Unix systems
• Strong English communication skills
• Nice to have:
• Ability to write Nuke gizmos and/or plugins is a plus
• Python and/or C experience a plus
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.
• • •
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.