Ilmxlab Technical Artist
Lucasfilm EntertainmentSan Francisco, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/12/2021 2:52:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Ilmxlab Technical Artist jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all Ilmxlab Technical Artist postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Ilmxlab Technical Artist? Job Summary:
Position at ILMxLAB
*Remote Work Option Available*
We are looking for an experienced problem solver who is passionate about bringing the latest technical trends in real-time development to their craft, and who reflects the innovative spirit and immersive storytelling that defines ILMxLAB.
The Technical Artist provides support by building and delivering key technologies/workflows that enable artists and designers to quickly implement visual content into our games. The ideal candidate will have a strong eye for art quality and knowledge of real-time requirements and constraints.
They will act as a bridge between art and engineering, demonstrating excellent communication skills to facilitate problem solving between departments while adding new ideas, new techniques, creating pipeline tools, and working with the latest technologies to create world-class immersive, interactive experiences.
What You’ll Do
• Standardize and improve development processes for production of assets, materials, shaders, LODs, asset streaming, and interactions
• Create or maintain tools and processes that facilitate content authoring with an emphasis on user experience, quality and productivity
• Collaborate with other artists to push content to its maximum quality while optimizing performance
• Contribute to look development of the highest-caliber real-time art by creating shaders, lighting and particle effects, and partnering with other artists on asset lookdev.
• Assisting in troubleshooting bugs and gameplay problems as they arise and pertain to art
• Implement, design, debug complex material networks
• Bring a wealth of experience and knowledge of cross discipline game development tools, pipelines, and technique to help create and propel next-generation technology projects
• Identify content optimizations and implement them
What We’re Looking For
• At least 3 years of experience as a Technical Artist - or equivalent - in 3D game development
• Shipped at least one AAA title from start to finish
• Artistic eye with advanced understanding of the creation & integration of 3D art
• Excellent communication skills, especially with regards to illustrating technical processes.
• Experienced in tools and pipelines software engineering, ideally for both technical and creative
• Excellent technical knowledge and familiarity with AAA game engines particularly UE4
• Excellent working knowledge of all the DCC standard software (Maya, Houdini, Max, ZBrush, Photoshop, Substance Painter/Designer)
• Proficiency in Python, PySide/PyQt, and Maya API/Mel
• Strategic and analytical thinker with exceptional execution and problem-solving capabilities
• Ability to work independently and efficiently under tight deadlines. Works well with direction, but also is self-motivated and will seek out or devise solutions to unexpected challenges.
• Bonus points for:
• Passion for playing and making games, experience or interest in VR and AR
• Computer Science Degree or equivalent experience programming in C
• Extensive portfolio with examples of professional work (e.g. art, scripts, tools, simulations, etc.)
**A portfolio / reel submission - including a detailed breakdown of your work in each section - is required with all applications**
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
The pioneering spirit that inspired storytellers and technical artists to improvise, innovate and imagine a galaxy far, far away is built into the DNA of ILMxLAB – the new laboratory for immersive entertainment. The combined talents of Lucasfilm, Industrial Light & Magic and Skywalker Sound are reinventing the way stories are told and experienced, connecting artists with their audiences like never before.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call ILMxLAB.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.