Ilmxlab Production Manager
Lucasfilm EntertainmentSan Francisco, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/16/2021 3:52:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Ilmxlab Production Manager jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all Ilmxlab Production Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Ilmxlab Production Manager? ILMxLAB Production Manager (Interactive Producer) San Francisco, CA
Position at ILMxLAB
ILMxLAB is seeking a skilled Production Manager with experience managing end-to-end production on multiple interactive titles for our Production Manager position.
Production Managers (‘PMs’) are project leaders who are responsible for managing day-to-day development activities on ILMxLAB’s immersive entertainment projects. They create and maintain the project roadmap and manage the internal and external work toward successful milestone completions.
What you’ll do
• Create and manage overall project schedules, resource plans, and deliverables for projects across all disciplines from creative development through product delivery. Maintain these and other supporting documents to track and report on project’s status and overall progress/completion.
• Plan and manage work across all disciplines from pre-production through delivery by using ILMxLAB’s best practices for scheduling and determining the optimal mix of internal talent and third-party partners. Oversee implementation of the schedule by guiding and directing production staff and discipline leads, and communicating project goals, schedules, deadlines, and other information to the project team members, and internal/external stakeholders.
• Work with technical and creative heads to define project workflows, milestones and execution plans. Participate in project scoping activities to gain context for effective production scheduling.
• Own the resource needs for the entire project - both internal and external - and partner with the Production Resource Manager to fill the needs
• Prepare external vendor bidding packages, contribute to vendor cost analysis and weekly cost reporting as needed.
• Evaluate and learn individual team members’ strengths in order to assign work appropriately; help develop cross-utilization of resources to promote an effective workflow.
• In conjunction with the (Lead) Producer, manage the production crew on a daily basis, including giving direction to Associate Production Managers, Coordinators and Production Assistants, defining their responsibilities for the project, prioritizing their work, and providing performance feedback and growth opportunities.
• Act independently and proactively to problem-solve and identify risks in all areas of internal and external production. Mitigate risks and recommend course adjustments to Producer and other stakeholders as necessary.
• Assist with contributing to bid meetings, including budgeting, checking EFCs, and capacity planning.
• Able to step up and assume the role when the (Lead) Producer is out of office or otherwise engaged, including with partner/client communication. Responsible for ‘2nd lieutenant’ level duties with the production crew.
What we’re looking for
• Bachelor's degree in Film, Game Development, Animation or related field, or equivalent work experience required.
• 5 years minimum work experience as a Producer/Games Producer/Interactive Software Producer or equivalent in video games or interactive software development with two or more complete product development cycles/shipped titles.
• Extensive experience scheduling projects with complex dependencies, the ability to identify major risks, and a comprehensive understanding of the game development process from concept to release.
• Ability to problem-solve, balance priorities and multi-task efficiently within a fast-paced creative environment which requires adaptability and flexibility.
• Demonstrate qualities of an effective, experienced project manager: integrity; diplomacy, empathy, forward-thinking; collaboration; compassion; dedication, patience.
• Ability to motivate and empower teams, foster collaboration and communicate effectively with team members of all levels while displaying team leadership skills.
• Ability to focus not only on project needs, but also with consideration for priorities of the Studio.
• Attention to detail, consistent follow through and strong communication skills.
• Excellent time and resource management skills.
• Ability to self-motivate and meet deliverables while working independently.
• Proficiency in project planning tools such as Google/Excel Spreadsheets, MS Project, Smartsheet, and task management tools such as JIRA, Asana, etc.
• Nice to have:
• Additional experience in traditional film/tv production, game cinematics production, real-time immersive (Virtual Reality, Augmented/Mixed Reality), and/or virtual production is a plus.
• Experience managing both internal and external development teams is a plus.
• Professional experience with both agile and waterfall project management methodologies is a plus.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
The pioneering spirit that inspired storytellers and technical artists to improvise, innovate and imagine a galaxy far, far away is built into the DNA of ILMxLAB – the new laboratory for immersive entertainment. The combined talents of Lucasfilm, Industrial Light & Magic and Skywalker Sound are reinventing the way stories are told and experienced, connecting artists with their audiences like never before.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call ILMxLAB.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.